Windows 10: Missing BIOS Options ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 no option to change SATA mode

Discus and support Missing BIOS Options ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 no option to change SATA mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason on my ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 motherboard I am missing the option to change. I have also already updated the BIOS, this issue persisted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavonBlanchard, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Missing BIOS Options ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 no option to change SATA mode

For some reason on my ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 motherboard I am missing the option to change. I have also already updated the BIOS, this issue persisted before and after the update. I can't boot into Windows because this issue is forcing all my drive to be in RAID since I am unable to configure them. Please help! The top image is my BIOS, the second is what it should look like, I have also contacted Asus support, they also said that those options should be there.

:)

DavonBlanchard, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Jim8080 Win User

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Missing BIOS Options ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 no option to change SATA mode [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Ben H Win User
    Asus Prime Z370-p reboots to bios after windows install

I'm trying to help a friend get his new gaming pc up and going. He bought it from a company called DigitialStorm, and once he received it, wanted to install a fresh copy of windows. However this became an issue. After trying to reinstall several times on his own, he came to me for help.

Looking at the UEFI settings (on a discord video call lol), DigitalStorm seems to have installed windows 10 in legacy mode. I had him turn CSM off and Secure boot on, then reinstall windows. the installation seemed to go well, however once the windows installer got to the first reboot prompt, it rebooted to the usb drive. So he removed it, thinking it was the boot priority, and now it just repeatedly boots to the UEFI, and it wont recognize the SSD as a boot device (despite being the only drive plugged in).

We have tried CSM on/off, Secure Boot on/off, Fast boot On/off, even downloaded a fresh copy of windows 10, wrote it to a USB with rufus (in GPT/UEFI mode) and still the same problem.

I'm now out of ideas. I've never seen a motherboard or windows act this way. Any suggestions?

His new specs:

Ben H, Nov 25, 2021
  4. debgram Win User

Missing BIOS Options ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 no option to change SATA mode

Recovery options question

When I go into recovery options, I don't have the option startup settings under advanced options. Why is mine missing? I just had to format and reinstall 10 cause I couldn't get into safe mode to see if I can fix my problem. I have a hard time getting into safe mode, I h ave a asus motherboard and I try what they suggest but still doesn't work. In the manual it says press f8 after POST. What is considered after POST? Is that after the asus logo where it has the del option to get into the bios.

debgram, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Missing BIOS Options ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 no option to change SATA mode

1. Missing BIOS Options ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 no option to change SATA mode - Similar Threads - Missing BIOS Options

2. Repeated, sometimes frequent BSOD on 12700k, ASUS z690 Prime, Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated, sometimes frequent BSOD on 12700k, ASUS z690 Prime, Win 11: Hello,I've been getting BSODs for a little while now ever since I upgraded my PC. I won't have a crash for weeks at a time, then I will have a period where my system crashes multiple times a week or even day. Oftentimes this happens when I'm running games, but can also happen...
  3. Repeated, sometimes frequent BSOD on 12700k, ASUS z690 Prime, Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated, sometimes frequent BSOD on 12700k, ASUS z690 Prime, Win 11: Hello,I've been getting BSODs for a little while now ever since I upgraded my PC. I won't have a crash for weeks at a time, then I will have a period where my system crashes multiple times a week or even day. Oftentimes this happens when I'm running games, but can also happen...
  4. Missing BIOS Options ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 no option to change SATA mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing BIOS Options ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 no option to change SATA mode: For some reason on my ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 motherboard I am missing the option to change. I have also already updated the BIOS, this issue persisted before and after the update. I can't boot into Windows because this issue is forcing all my drive to be in RAID since I am...
  5. Missing BIOS Options ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 no option to change SATA mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing BIOS Options ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 no option to change SATA mode: For some reason on my ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 motherboard I am missing the option to change. I have also already updated the BIOS, this issue persisted before and after the update. I can't boot into Windows because this issue is forcing all my drive to be in RAID since I am...
  6. Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS: I recently removed my HDD and added an empty SSD into my ASUS laptop, after I turn on my laptop it boots me into BIOS and the Boot Menu is empty, in Advanced Settings -> Boot there are just two options, Fast Boot and Delete Boot Option, there's no Add Boot Option and my...
  7. Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS: I recently removed my HDD and added an empty SSD into my ASUS laptop, after I turn on my laptop it boots me into BIOS and the Boot Menu is empty, in Advanced Settings -> Boot there are just two options, Fast Boot and Delete Boot Option, there's no Add Boot Option and my...
  8. Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Missing options in advanced BIOS settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing options in advanced BIOS settings: [IMG]The only option in advanced settings is CPU Setup. I’m looking for memory remapping, but can’t find it anywhere. I have a Lenovo Erazer X315. Any help?...
  10. My Hp omen doesn't have the option to change sata mode to AHCI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Hp omen doesn't have the option to change sata mode to AHCI: I bought a new gaming laptop and I wanted to install windows on the ssd disk. However, to do so i need to enable AHCI sata mode but that setting does not appear on my bios options. Could you help me?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prime z690-p d4 no display