Windows 10: Missing BitLocker Drive Encryption from Control Panel after Win 10 Version 1903

Discus and support Missing BitLocker Drive Encryption from Control Panel after Win 10 Version 1903 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there found out that the BitLocker Drive Encryption Option is missing from the Control Panel after Updating to Win 10 Version 1903. Not sure if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeorgeKatonivualiku, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Missing BitLocker Drive Encryption from Control Panel after Win 10 Version 1903

Hi there found out that the BitLocker Drive Encryption Option is missing from the Control Panel after Updating to Win 10 Version 1903. Not sure if anyone else has had the same problem. This is the case with three of my Desktops running Win 10 Version 1903 with all the current Cumulative Updates installed.

Does anyone know how to get it back to my involved systems, as I use this for my important Drives

Thanks

:)

GeorgeKatonivualiku, Aug 11, 2019

2. Bitlocker menu in Control Panel is gone!!!!!

Hi,

From the above screenshot I see that you are not able to access or see the Bitlocker Drive Encryption in Control Panel, i suggest you to change the view of the Control panel and then check if you are able to access or view it.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Select the View by options in the upper right pane.
    • In Category select the small icons and then check if you can view the Bitlocker Drive Encryption option.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 11, 2019
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Missing BitLocker Drive Encryption from Control Panel after Win 10 Version 1903

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Missing BitLocker Drive Encryption from Control Panel after Win 10 Version 1903

1. Missing BitLocker Drive Encryption from Control Panel after Win 10 Version 1903 - Similar Threads - Missing BitLocker Drive

2. Bitlocker drive encryption service missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker drive encryption service missing: So i can't change my bitlocker setting and when i looked into services.msc i couldnt find the bit locker service.Is there a way that i could include the service back in...
  3. Bitlocker drive encryption service missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker drive encryption service missing: So i can't change my bitlocker setting and when i looked into services.msc i couldnt find the bit locker service.Is there a way that i could include the service back in...
  4. Bitlocker drive encryption service missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker is disappeared from the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker is disappeared from the control panel: I clean installed windows 11 on my windows 10 laptop without deleting windows 10's existing efi,msr and recovery partitions yesterday as I thought they will work same with windows 11. And all worked properly. Also bitlockerdevice encryption worked properly as well. But when I...
  6. Bitlocker is disappeared from the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker is disappeared from the control panel: I clean installed windows 11 on my windows 10 laptop without deleting windows 10's existing efi,msr and recovery partitions yesterday as I thought they will work same with windows 11. And all worked properly. Also bitlockerdevice encryption worked properly as well. But when I...
  7. Drive is locked by Bitlocker Drive Encryption. You must unlock this drive from Control Panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive is locked by Bitlocker Drive Encryption. You must unlock this drive from Control Panel: I got a message startup repair couldn't repair your PC. I tried the suggestions through command prompt and self repair but none of them work because by C drive is locked. I get the message "This drive is locked by Bitlocker Drive Encryption. You must unlock this drive from...
  8. How to un encrypt a bitlocked drive with do decryption option in control panel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to un encrypt a bitlocked drive with do decryption option in control panel: I have a Dell insperion I purchased new that is a complete dog. I was going to replace the hard drive with an SSD when I discovered it was bitlocked(Windows 10 home build 17134). I have tried several paths to disable it which I have now successfully done, however I cant for...
  9. BitLocker Missing from Control Panel in New Win 10 Build

in Windows 10 Customization
    BitLocker Missing from Control Panel in New Win 10 Build: Hi there noticed that BitLocker is missing from my new Win 10 Build with all latest Cumulative Win 10 Updates for 64-based system installed Computer search ( Msconfig ) shows that both: BitLocker Drive Encryption as well as Encrypting File System [EFS] are not 'disabled' BUT...
  10. Windows 10 version 1903 Nvidia Control Panel issues.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 version 1903 Nvidia Control Panel issues.: Recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903, build 18362.175 I now realise the Nvidia Control Panel is not accepting desktop colour settings correctly. If I have Fast start-up enabled then it ignores Choose how colour is set when I have Use NVIDIA settings selected. If I try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker drive encryption windows 10 version 1903

2. windows 10 missing bitlocker

3. bitlocker pin missing 1903

4. cant find virtual bitlocker drive after 1903 update,
  5. windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption missing,
  6. bitlocker windows 10 1903,
  7. microsoft updates causing bitblocker 2019,
  8. bitlocker missing from control panel