Windows 10: Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset

Discus and support Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 laptop I am needing to Factory Reset full wipeAs soon as I turn on the laptop it immediately asks for a Bitlocker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TomM_9, Apr 29, 2022.

1. TomM_9 Win User

Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset

I have a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 laptop I am needing to Factory Reset full wipeAs soon as I turn on the laptop it immediately asks for a Bitlocker Key. This is an inherited laptop, so I don't have the key. I can go to a menu with the option to troubleshoot, which gives me the option to Reset this PC. But when I click remove everything, cloud download windows 10, it kicks me back to the main menu.I have also tried to reset the computer via the command prompt using the prompts: systemreset -cleanpc, and systemreset --factoryreset. They both say the command does not exist. What else can I t

:)

TomM_9, Apr 29, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Apr 29, 2022
  3. CORRECT BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY AND FACTORY RESET FAILING TO WORK

Hi Ronald,

The system might be rejecting the incorrect BitLocker recovery key. Check this
    article for tips to find your BitLocker recovery key. If you want to reset your Surface device, I would
    suggest trying the refresh option first. Refreshing your Surface reinstalls Windows and keeps your personal files, settings, apps that came installed on your Surface, and apps that you installed from Microsoft Store. Here are the steps:

1. Follow the instructions on this link to download a recovery image for your Surface device.
    2. Shut down your Surface and plug it in so you don’t run out of power during the refresh.
    3. Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port.
    4. Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the power button. When the Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button.
    5. When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    6. Select Troubleshoot > Refresh your PC, and select the operating system you want to refresh.
    7. On the Refresh your PC screen, select Next >
      Refresh.
    8. Surface restarts and the Surface logo appears during the refresh process (this can take several minutes).

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Apr 29, 2022
  4. Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset

Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Apr 29, 2022
Thema:

Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset

1. Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Missing Bitlocker Key

2. Factory reset without bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset without bitlocker: My roommate recently passed away and left me a surface pro 7. He didn't leave me the pin or password. I want to factory reset so I can use it but have no way to get bitlock recovery key. Is the computer useless now. I obviously can't get the passwords since he is deceased....
  3. Factory reset without bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset without bitlocker: My roommate recently passed away and left me a surface pro 7. He didn't leave me the pin or password. I want to factory reset so I can use it but have no way to get bitlock recovery key. Is the computer useless now. I obviously can't get the passwords since he is deceased....
  4. Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen: My computer just came up with the bitlocker recovery screen. After a trip I had come back to find it like this. It's happened before but i just went to the site that it told me it would be on. This time when I tried to go to that site, it shows an melted popsicle with a...
  5. Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen

Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen: My computer just came up with the bitlocker recovery screen. After a trip I had come back to find it like this. It's happened before but i just went to the site that it told me it would be on. This time when I tried to go to that site, it shows an melted popsicle with a...
  6. Factory Reset a Computer With Bitlocker No Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset a Computer With Bitlocker No Recovery Key: I am trying to factory reset a computer that has a drive encrypted by Bitlocker and running Windows 11. I have no way to recover the key, so my goal is only to perform a clean install of Windows. If I try running Diskpart clean, the hard drive will no longer appear in...
  7. Factory Reset a Computer With Bitlocker No Recovery Key

Factory Reset a Computer With Bitlocker No Recovery Key: I am trying to factory reset a computer that has a drive encrypted by Bitlocker and running Windows 11. I have no way to recover the key, so my goal is only to perform a clean install of Windows. If I try running Diskpart clean, the hard drive will no longer appear in...
  8. Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset

Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset: I have a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 laptop I am needing to Factory Reset full wipeAs soon as I turn on the laptop it immediately asks for a Bitlocker Key. This is an inherited laptop, so I don't have the key. I can go to a menu with the option to troubleshoot, which gives me...
  9. Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset: I have a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 laptop I am needing to Factory Reset full wipeAs soon as I turn on the laptop it immediately asks for a Bitlocker Key. This is an inherited laptop, so I don't have the key. I can go to a menu with the option to troubleshoot, which gives me...
  10. Factory resetting windows 10 with bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory resetting windows 10 with bitlocker recovery key: I don't have a code because it says I don't have the BitLocker ON for my laptop, but it's still asking for a code which is impossible. What should I do?I tried calling the Microsoft umber but they don't answer and the only option I get is to ask the community....