Windows 10: Missing Bluetooth switch

Discus and support Missing Bluetooth switch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently i found that my Bluetooth toggle switch was missing from the devices area of Settings. I think it happened after the August Windows update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by doggiedoright, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Missing Bluetooth switch

Recently i found that my Bluetooth toggle switch was missing from the devices area of Settings.

I think it happened after the August Windows update.

I cant revert to the previous update because it is more than 10 days ago. This is ridiculous

:)

doggiedoright, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

Bluetooth on off switch missing.

Good, reseating the dongle is usually a first step with connected devices.

Berton, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Bluetooth switch missing

Thank you for your response.I suggest that you use the System File Checker tool to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files. The sfc/scannow command
    (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed or damaged versions with the correct versions possible. You may refer to this link for
    more information.

If the issue persists even after using System File Checker tool, please follow the steps below to run the DISM tool:

• Press Windows key + X and select the Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, enter the following commands (Press the Enter key after each command):

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and press Enter.

• Restart the machine.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 24, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Missing Bluetooth switch

Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings

Hi, welcome to tenforums. Sorry to hear of your problem.

The forum prompted you to give your full Windows build number so we don't have to keep asking... thanks.

Please post screenshots similar to these:

Missing Bluetooth switch [​IMG]

Missing Bluetooth switch [​IMG]

I assume you mean the Bluetooth option in the first is missing, and the bluetooth tile is missing.

Example solved case (sounds similar): completely uninstall BT and reinstall:
    Bluetooth on off switch missing.

Have a look at the driver in the Device Manager- has it just been updated (would be in Update History too - at the bottom).
    Consider rolling the driver back: e.g.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-2bfe352778c4

Consider using the driver specified by your manufacturer rather than the one provided by Windows, as suggested here:
    Bluetooth On Off toggle Missing From Settings In Windows 10 Pro

You can then prevent that driver being updated using the appropriate tutorial from the Tutorial section.

You have given no details of your PC unfortunately.

dalchina, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Missing Bluetooth switch

1. Missing Bluetooth switch - Similar Threads - Missing Bluetooth switch

2. Bluetooth On/Off Switch Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth On/Off Switch Missing: So basically every time I go into the Bluetooth settings, the on/off switch you would normally see is gone. This just happened today for no reason whatsoever. There was also a chain of events that led up to this if it would help to diagnose the problem.At the start of all of...
  3. Bluetooth On/Off Switch Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth On/Off Switch Missing: So basically every time I go into the Bluetooth settings, the on/off switch you would normally see is gone. This just happened today for no reason whatsoever. There was also a chain of events that led up to this if it would help to diagnose the problem.At the start of all of...
  4. Bluetooth On/Off Switch Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. bluetooth switch went missing

bluetooth switch went missing: So all of a sudden my blue tooth switch went missing and it is not being shown in the device manager hidden section either after i tried uninstalling it. It has happened before but at that time I just installed it from a restore point but this time even the restore system...
  6. Bluetooth on off switch missing.

Bluetooth on off switch missing.: Can anyone tell me how to restore the on off switch for my Bluetooth function? It was there earlier but for some reason disappeared. Need to turn on my Bluetooth to set up my Bluetooth earbuds. Thanks. 157895
  7. Bluetooth on off switch missing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth on off switch missing.: Can anyone tell me how to restore the on off switch for my Bluetooth function? It was there earlier but for some reason disappeared. Need to turn on my Bluetooth to set up my Bluetooth earbuds. Thanks. 157895
  8. Bluetooth not working - on/off switch missing

Bluetooth not working - on/off switch missing: I cannot turn on my PC Bluetooth to connect to my LG HBS780 headphones or any other Bluetooth audio device. The PC is a Dell desktop running Win 10. Everything appears to be updated including the Qualcomm Atheros driver. The Bluetooth on/off switch is missing. Thanks for any...
  9. My bluetooth toggle switch is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    My bluetooth toggle switch is missing: i use wireless headphones and i Logitech wireless Bluetooth mouse for some reason the other day my bluetooth toggle switch was missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-toggle-switch-is-missing/0e8eaf36-ca32-47b2-a4b7-dc32fbcacffa
  10. Bluetooth switch on & off toggle missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth switch on & off toggle missing: Hi, my motherboard doesn't have built in Bluetooth but I'm using a dongle. However, despite this the Bluetooth toggle doesn't appear in the action center and Bluetooth settings. Any help? The dongle I'm using. submitted by /u/YSPRIG [link] [comments]...