Windows 10: Missing boot partition

Discus and support Missing boot partition in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 1. The workstation I use in the university consists of an SSD and a mechanical HDD. Recently the HDD failed and caused the system to not boot into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PasanHenadeera, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Missing boot partition

1. The workstation I use in the university consists of an SSD and a mechanical HDD. Recently the HDD failed and caused the system to not boot into windows 10. I tried installing the HDD on other devices, and subsequently those devices fail to boot as well.

2. However, the C: windows installation drive resides on the SSD and it can be plugged into other systems to read the data not booting into the SSD.

3. The SSD does not show a boot partition which is why I believe that the boot partition must be in the HDD.

4. Is there a way to resize the C partition in the SSD and create an efi partition without deleting any data? I plan to discard the HDD and plug in a new one. However I cannot format the SSD as it contains data from previous students as well, and I do not know the serial key of the windows installation.

:)

PasanHenadeera, Mar 12, 2021

2. Windows 10, BOOT Partition is missing

Thank you for your response, I will work on what you mentioned, I apologize for my wrong wording, as the BOOT file is missing from the Volume list, not the Partition list. From all the help screens I've seen, others seem to have that listed and I don't
    - I will keep working at it though, thank you again for help,

GuyPlatt60, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Mar 12, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Missing boot partition

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Missing boot partition

1. Missing boot partition - Similar Threads - Missing boot partition

2. Partitions are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitions are missing: New Asus laptop. Had Win11 installed. 256G SSD from manufacturer. Also 1T SSD installed by Amazon reseller. ! month in and laptop starts freezing up, then the BSOD. Programs closing on their own, more BSOD. Sent to Asus. Because Amazon reseller installed what Asus said was...
  3. Partitions are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitions are missing: New Asus laptop. Had Win11 installed. 256G SSD from manufacturer. Also 1T SSD installed by Amazon reseller. ! month in and laptop starts freezing up, then the BSOD. Programs closing on their own, more BSOD. Sent to Asus. Because Amazon reseller installed what Asus said was...
  4. Boot files missing from system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot files missing from system reserved partition: My husband is trying to move boot files from the hard drive to the ssd, but there are no files showing in the system reserved partition. I have checked, they are not hidden. He originally had my windows 10 on a thumb drive but has already deleted it so we cannot start over...
  5. Boot files missing from system reserved partition

Boot files missing from system reserved partition: My husband is trying to move boot files from the hard drive to the ssd, but there are no files showing in the system reserved partition. I have checked, they are not hidden. He originally had my windows 10 on a thumb drive but has already deleted it so we cannot start over...
  6. Boot files missing from system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. boot partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot partition: Virtual Disk Service error: Clean is not allowed on the disk containing the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume.I am getting this error in my diskpart while cleaning my second ssd which doesnt have windows. I want to shift this current boot system,...
  8. boot partition

boot partition: Virtual Disk Service error: Clean is not allowed on the disk containing the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume.I am getting this error in my diskpart while cleaning my second ssd which doesnt have windows. I want to shift this current boot system,...
  9. Missing drive and missing partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing drive and missing partitions: I have 2 SATA Hard Drives in my system, Drive 0 is partitioned into C:, D:, E:, F: G: , Drive 1 is H; The system has been running for about 2 years in that configuration until two days ago it didn't want to boot, it took about 40 minutes to boot up and all my drives and...
  10. missing partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing partition: Hello everyone I have two partitions on my hard drive. The C:\ drive and a D:\ drive which is used primarily for data. After a recent Windows 10 update, the D drive has disappeared. It now shows in Disk Management as Disk 1, partition 5., a healthy OEM drive. It shows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows boot partition missing