Windows 10: Missing Boot record Error code: 0xc000000e after cloning OS from an NVMe SSD to a SATA SSD

Discus and support Missing Boot record Error code: 0xc000000e after cloning OS from an NVMe SSD to a SATA SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After purchasing a new 1TB SATA SSD for increased storage capacity, I wanted to clone my C: drive and OS to this SSD from my original NVMe 1TB Storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ACichocki, May 14, 2020.

1. ACichocki Win User

Missing Boot record Error code: 0xc000000e after cloning OS from an NVMe SSD to a SATA SSD

After purchasing a new 1TB SATA SSD for increased storage capacity, I wanted to clone my C: drive and OS to this SSD from my original NVMe 1TB Storage SSD, format the NVMe by wiping it clean and then transfer the OS from the SATA SSD back to the NVMe.

With a completely wiped NVMe SSD, I rebooted my PC hoping it would boot from the SATA SSD however came across the Blue Screen Error code 0xc000000e. At this point I think I have erased my boot record, originally thinking it was copied over with the clone

So far I have managed to reinstall windows onto a temporary 120GB SATA SSD, transfer this onto the NVMe SSD but now want to somehow restore/recover the OS clone drive made on the 1TB SATA SSD with the missing boot record so I do not lose my licence key and a lot of other data.

Thankfully I use Onedrive and cloud based storage extensively so I'm not worried for documents and files but more for the PC settings which were optimised as a workstation from home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

ACichocki, May 14, 2020

2. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, May 14, 2020
  3. 0xc000000e windows 10 cloned on ssd

Hi all,

I've bought a lenovo y520-15IKBN, I want to clone the windows 10 system I had on my previous PC (dell vostro 1520) on my new ssd.

i switched SATA controler mode to AHCI because i couldn't see my ssd on lenovo PC.

I made a clone using Aomei backupper pro of my dell.

I installed it on my hdd using aomei.

booted on my hdd partition, cloned the hdd system on my ssd.

I now get 0xc000000e error on each booting on hdd and ssd.

and bootrec /rebuildbcd doesn't make it !

HELP ME PLEASE !! this is driving me MAD !

AymericJOUON, May 14, 2020
  4. Tiger_lcf Win User

Missing Boot record Error code: 0xc000000e after cloning OS from an NVMe SSD to a SATA SSD

Error Code 0xc000000e, when trying to boot Windows 10 on SSD

My computer has 5 disks 3 have the EFI boot partition.

The 850 EVO SATA SSD has a EFI boot partition and 3 bootable OS partitions.

The 970 EVO M.2 SSD has a EFI boot partition and 4 bootable OS partitions.

The 500GB WD SATA HDD has a EFI boot partition and 0 bootable OS partitions.

All 7 bootable partitions are Windows 10 Home.

6 are version latest update 1909

1 is minimal updated version 1809 for testing this problem.

When the 850 or WD are set as the boot disk in the BIOS.

You can only boot to either one of the four OS partitions on the 970 one time.
    After that you get the Boot Failed error, error “Windows Failed to start” could not find \Windows\system32\winload.efi Error Code 0xc000000e.

If you go in to the BIOS and reselect the 850 or WD the problem repeats.

There are NO problems booting to any of the 3 OS partitions on the 850.

When the 970 is set as the boot disk in the BIOS.

There are no problems booting to any of the 7 OS partitions

Motherboard is ASUS Prime Z390-A

CPU i9-9900

CPU cooler Corsair H100i

Ram Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4

Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD

Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2280 NVMe 1.3 SSD

WD 500GB SATA HDD

WD 2TB SATA HDD

WD 42TB SATA HDD

Video Card – MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Power Supply - Seasonic FOCUS PX-850

***Original title: ASUS Z390-A Will only boot one time to Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 from other boot disk Error Code 0xc000000e***

Tiger_lcf, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Missing Boot record Error code: 0xc000000e after cloning OS from an NVMe SSD to a SATA SSD - Similar Threads - Missing Boot record

2. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme: Hi so i'm planning on building a new pc and my main storage drive on it will be an m.2 nvme and i want to clone my current pc's main sata ssd with my windows install on it to the new pc, I already know how to clone sata ssd to m.2 nvme and keep all my old files and keep...
  3. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme: Hi so i'm planning on building a new pc and my main storage drive on it will be an m.2 nvme and i want to clone my current pc's main sata ssd with my windows install on it to the new pc, I already know how to clone sata ssd to m.2 nvme and keep all my old files and keep...
  4. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HDD to SSD NVME not booting after clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    HDD to SSD NVME not booting after clone: Here is my issues, after cloning, I can find the SSD but once boot with that the screen is hanging. Have to use HDD to boot. Please help how to modify it. Do I need to redo it. [img] [img] 175565
  6. Cloned SSD will not boot, shows winload.exe error 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloned SSD will not boot, shows winload.exe error 0xc000000e: I cloned my HDD to a SSD, when booting up, i get a winload.exe error 0xc000000e. I tried recloning 3 times using Macrium Reflect free and Acronis, same error. I also try plugging my SSD into the same SATA slot and playing around with the boot order, same thing. In the past...
  7. Windows boot slow after Cloning Windows 10 from Sata SSD to Nvme SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boot slow after Cloning Windows 10 from Sata SSD to Nvme SSD.: I installed a new M. 2 nvme (Samsung Evo 970 plus) ssd on my system and transferred OS( Windows 10 build 2004) from my Sata( Samsung evo 860 250gb) ssd using samsung data migration software. It worked well,OS was transferred successfully and was booting up well like normal...
  8. SATA SSD-> NVMe clone exercise - post-clone difficulties

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    SATA SSD-> NVMe clone exercise - post-clone difficulties: Hey All, (this thread has been raised on HP forums under: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Deskto...m/td-p/7340240 I also raised separate thread here: Windows 10 restarts to black screen after SSD clone) I decided to move off SATA SSD (Samsung 850 Pro) to NVMe SSA (SAMSUNG...
  9. Unable to boot after cloning Sata HDD to Sata SSD

Unable to boot after cloning Sata HDD to Sata SSD: Hello, I did cloning of my original Sata 1 TB HDD to New 1 TB SSD (WD) using Macrium Software. No issues found during cloning and everything went fine. I did swap the hard disk and when I turn on the laptop I am unable to boot to windows. I did try legacy boot option and...
  10. Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e after Clone to SSD

Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e after Clone to SSD: Hi, I have an HP450 Notebook where the HD was set as a Dynamic Drive (as purchased new). In the HP drive shows 4 partitions, HP_Tools, System, Recovery and Windows. I cloned the drive to a Seagate Baracuda 1Tb SSD using MiniTool Partition Wizard. I now cannot get...
Tags: