Windows 10: missing brightness control windows 10 on a pc I have tries update all the drivers no luck

Discus and support missing brightness control windows 10 on a pc I have tries update all the drivers no luck in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; missing brightness control windows 10 on a pc I have tries update all the drivers no luck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidBlackwell29, Feb 22, 2021.

1. missing brightness control windows 10 on a pc I have tries update all the drivers no luck

missing brightness control windows 10 on a pc I have tries update all the drivers no luck

:)

DavidBlackwell29, Feb 22, 2021

2. NO BRIGHTNESS CONTROL AFTER WINDOWS 1O UPDATE

Hello Gaurav,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Brightness settings after upgrading to Windows 10 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incompatible or corrupt display drivers or the brightness settings are not correct in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.

• In the search box, type
      Power Options.

• Click on Power options, and under any plan, click
      Change plan settings.

• Click Change advanced power settings.

• In the list, expand Display, and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click
      On battery, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click
      Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• Click Apply. Click
      OK.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:
    Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2:

Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Also see: Download and install drivers

Download and install drivers in Windows 8.1

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more Information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Screen brightness - Windows 10

Hello

The screen on my Lenovo laptop is dark on startup, and the keyboard brightness controls don't lighten it. I have to go to Control Panel to lighten it every time. Is there a way to keep it bright by default, please? I've tried the 'Update driver software'
    suggestion from a 'Fix Windows 10' page, but no luck.

Thanks!

aberyhebfryn, Feb 22, 2021
  4. sammy Win User

missing brightness control windows 10 on a pc I have tries update all the drivers no luck

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. missing brightness control windows 10 on a pc I have tries update all the drivers no luck - Similar Threads - missing brightness control

2. i cant change brightness windows 10, have tried updating drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant change brightness windows 10, have tried updating drivers: I have tried updating the drivers, but i still cant find the brightness slider at all.my screen is too bright !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-brightness-windows-10-have-tried/0adb1f2c-df8a-46a3-9215-82161fc76815
  3. i cant change brightness windows 10, have tried updating drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant change brightness windows 10, have tried updating drivers: I have tried updating the drivers, but i still cant find the brightness slider at all.my screen is too bright !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-brightness-windows-10-have-tried/0adb1f2c-df8a-46a3-9215-82161fc76815
  4. i cant change brightness windows 10, have tried updating drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Brightness control bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness control bar missing: hello i am facing a problem on my pc the brightness control bar is missing. I am using a tv as a monitor.specsI3-10105f 4c/8tamd radeon r7 2508gb ram 240 gb ssddisplay driver details - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc, 27.20.20912.1002 . 4/28/2022...
  6. Brightness control bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness control bar missing: hello i am facing a problem on my pc the brightness control bar is missing. I am using a tv as a monitor.specsI3-10105f 4c/8tamd radeon r7 2508gb ram 240 gb ssddisplay driver details - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc, 27.20.20912.1002 . 4/28/2022...
  7. Brightness control bar missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Brightness control / options missing in Windows 10 settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness control / options missing in Windows 10 settings: I changed laptops in December 2020 but seem to have two software ? issues or bugs. Im using Windows 10 Home version 20H2. The most annoying issue relates to "adaptive brightness". In my old laptop, I was able to go to the settings and turn it off. However, i dont have the...
  9. Brightness slider Control in Windows 10 (1903) is Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness slider Control in Windows 10 (1903) is Missing: I have win 10 version 1903 and the Brightness slider from action center is missing as showing in the below picture.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-control-in-windows-10-1903-is/071f7e03-5a14-41ae-8850-1b067601b95f
  10. Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing: I have an ASUS P9X79pro with Win 10 ultimate? that was upgraded from Win 8. I have a multi boot system with old versions like Win 7, Win 8, etc. I have been noticing that my Giga network will sometime reset from 1000 to 100 so decided to upgrade the drive to the Win 10,...