Windows 10: Missing Brightness toggle after the newest update

Discus and support Missing Brightness toggle after the newest update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So before i updated, the windows battery icon had this really nice and easy to access button which allowed to switch between 0, 25, 50 and 100%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrissTheBurnedOne, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Missing Brightness toggle after the newest update

So before i updated, the windows battery icon had this really nice and easy to access button which allowed to switch between 0, 25, 50 and 100% brightness, and also another button toggle between power saver, balanced and higher perfomance power use, but after i updated today(before, i updated in march 2019), it dissapeared and instead i was left with slider to adjust between power saving and perfomance. is there any way to get those 2 buttons back?

Note, i know about the brightness slider, if you click on the notifications thing in the bottom right, but that one is a lot more cumbersome to use.

Link points to how it used to look like

https://snag.gy/CQmlUw.jpg

:)

ChrissTheBurnedOne, Jul 26, 2019
  2. joelshort Win User

Brightness Toggle

In Win10 instead of a brightness slider like in 8.1 there is a toggle on the action center that allows 25/50/75/100%. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the toggle options or to at least add a 0% for screen brightness to that toggle?

joelshort, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Brightness toggle doesn't work

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor and Office Insider for Android. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Kindly follow these steps for ASUS Zenbook UX430UN Brightness toggle:

1. Right click on the "Start" button

2. From the shown list, select "Device Manager"

3. Update "Monitors" driver

4. There you will find PnP-Monitor Standard, (or any monitor other than Generic PnP Monitor, Right Click it.

5. Select "Update Driver Software".

6, The update window will appear, and you should select "Browse My Computer For Driver Software.

7. Now select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

Click on Next.

8. Make sure to select "Generic PnP Monitor".

Click on Next.

Now your Brightness toggle will be working.

Refer here:

https://visihow.com/Restore_Lost_Brightness_Con...

Also Update Hotkey Support driver based on ASUS Zenbook UX430UN

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Missing Brightness toggle after the newest update

Missing display / toggle for adaptive brightness in windows update 1809

I also noticed that the adaptive brightness option is gone on my asus vivobook s after the 1809 update.

Also faced a strange issue, the brightness of the screen once suddenly became too low even at 100%. But it got back to normal after a restart. Haven't ever faced such issue on the earlier build.

Missing Brightness toggle after the newest update dd73216c-4633-4519-be31-8619f172acc3?upload=true.jpg

Rajdip Saha, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Missing Brightness toggle after the newest update

1. Missing Brightness toggle after the newest update - Similar Threads - Missing Brightness toggle

2. Bluetooth Toggle Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing: So today i was just normally using my bluetooth headphones when suddenly it stopped playing audio. I checked the bluetooth section in the settings and the bluetooth on/off toggle was missing also this wasnt the first time this happened. I was told to reinstall the bluetooth...
  3. Bluetooth Toggle Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing: So today i was just normally using my bluetooth headphones when suddenly it stopped playing audio. I checked the bluetooth section in the settings and the bluetooth on/off toggle was missing also this wasnt the first time this happened. I was told to reinstall the bluetooth...
  4. Display Brightness toggle is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Brightness toggle is not working: I have been having this problem for a couple of days. The toggle which helps in changing the brightness doesn't work. whether it is a zero or at 100 it remains the same. I suspect it may be because of a update. Windows update: Intel Corporation - Extension -...
  5. Windows newest update Brightness issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows newest update Brightness issue: I just updated to the latest version of windows and upon getting into the home screen I immediately noticed the brightness had been automatically adjusted. I have spent the last half hour trying to figure out how to adjust it and I have found nothing. There is no slider in...
  6. Bluetooth Toggle Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing: For a while now my Bluetooth toggle has been missing. It always stays off for a few days and then turns back on, whenever I go to Device Manager and check the events for "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" it says "Device deleted" Does anyone know a PERMANENT fix for this? I've tried...
  7. Bluetooth toggle is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth toggle is missing: [ATTACH] Sorry for bad english, it's my second language. The bluetooth toggle is missing. I've also noticed that my laptop can't detect flash drives/ mouses at the same time this happens. Everything goes back to normal every time I update my laptop, which is obviously...
  8. Brightness toggle doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness toggle doesn't work: Hi all, Ever since I have updated my new laptop (ASUS Zenbook UX430UN) to 1809 from 1803, my brightness toggle doesn't appear to function properly. So far I have noticed that the toggle would work after a restart and will continue to work as long as the laptop doesn't get...
  9. Missing display / toggle for adaptive brightness in windows update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing display / toggle for adaptive brightness in windows update 1809: When will be the next update to fix the problem of missing the toggle to turn off the adaptive brightness in windows update 1809? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-display-toggle-for-adaptive-brightness-in/bf9d3952-1caa-4112-a239-3e8335bd2c45
  10. Brightness Toggle

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightness Toggle: In Win10 instead of a brightness slider like in 8.1 there is a toggle on the action center that allows 25/50/75/100%. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the toggle options or to at least add a 0% for screen brightness to that toggle? 15613

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display brightness controls have disappeared