Windows 10: Missing/broken icons in search results

Discus and support Missing/broken icons in search results in Cortana to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello community! I am having the problem represented in the annexed image: some program icons are missing/not displayed in the results of the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by leocencetti, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Missing/broken icons in search results

Missing/broken icons in search results d7b78c23-559f-44ce-a05e-40c35ffa8a4b?upload=true.png

Hello community!
    I am having the problem represented in the annexed image: some program icons are missing/not displayed in the results of the search tab.
    The problem seems to affect mainly Windows apps office suite, Groove Music, Calculator, Calendar and others, but also some third-party programs.
    I have had this problem since the Windows May 2019 Update reverting to the previous version had no effect and I still have it after updating to the November 2019 version. I am currently running Windows 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.592.

I have tried without result the following:

• Search and Indexing troubleshooter
    • Restart Windows Search
    • Reset Windows Search PowerShell script here
    • Deleted and rebuilt indexing database
    • Deleted and rebuilt icon cache example here

Needless to say that I would like to avoid having to reset or reinstall Windows.

Is there something else I can try to get back my icons?

Thank you!

:)

leocencetti, Jan 23, 2020

2. MS Store apps icons are missing in search results

I get the same issue as described here App icons missing in start menu search results

To reproduce it I

1. Open Start menu
    2. Type an app name (UWP app only)
    3. Look at the search results

Consistently, UWP apps have no icons in the search results while W32 or x64 apps do.

I have already attempted to :

- Flush icon cache (as described in the linked post above)

- Repair app store

- SFC /Scannow

- DISM /Repairhealth

- Restore/Reset individual apps

And none of them worked.

So Please, do not claim this question if you have not experienced this and fixed it yourself.

Thank you very much

Chris Giroux Esq., Jan 23, 2020
  3. Mr0P Win User
    Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.

I tried what you said, the problem still exists.

Missing/broken icons in search results [​IMG]

Missing/broken icons in search results [​IMG]

4. Rose Cal Win User

Missing/broken icons in search results

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Missing/broken icons in search results

1. Missing/broken icons in search results - Similar Threads - Missing broken icons

2. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  3. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  4. Broken icons in start menu search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken icons in start menu search results: I noticed this started about a week ago, but it doesn't corelate with any kind of update or new software installation.When searching typing app names while in the start menu, all store apps that appear in results display a generic picture icon.However, the same apps have...
  5. Broken icons in start menu search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken icons in start menu search results: I noticed this started about a week ago, but it doesn't corelate with any kind of update or new software installation.When searching typing app names while in the start menu, all store apps that appear in results display a generic picture icon.However, the same apps have...
  6. Broken icons in start menu search results

7. icon missing in windows search results

in Cortana
    icon missing in windows search results: hi, when i search for apps that I've installed in windows search, the icon appears missing. this issue only occurs with third party apps, but not pre-installed windows appssuch as photos, weather, this pc please help....
  8. MS Store apps icons are missing in search results

in Cortana
    MS Store apps icons are missing in search results: I get the same issue as described here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-missing-in-start-menu-search-results/3a8ce022-1a91-4041-b953-becb0619932d To reproduce it I Open Start menu Type an app name (UWP app only) Look at the search results...
  9. Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.

Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.: Today I had run "wsreset.exe" to reset my Windows 10 store after completing the Windows 10 store app icons appear broken in search results in Start Menu. I've attached the image to get the better idea of what I'm talking about. Did anyone face the issue after using...
  10. Broken search result links

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken search result links: Hey guys, first time poster here, I have a weird issues right now. So recently I reinstalled both GOG galaxy and Gwent to a different drive on my pc and since then I have this issue https://i.imgur.com/tSWkpTa.jpg Before I could type Gwent or gog in start menu and they...