Windows 10: Missing c drive after using partition tool

Discus and support Missing c drive after using partition tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My c drive is full only had it at 17gb and wanted to reallocate space. Used a free portion tool and after the split and restart my windows drive is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AJPRock, Sep 7, 2021.

1. AJPRock Win User

Missing c drive after using partition tool

My c drive is full only had it at 17gb and wanted to reallocate space. Used a free portion tool and after the split and restart my windows drive is not found. Used a usb boot stick to no avail and now I’m in the command prompt trying to remember 35 years ago when I knew some of this programming stuff. Anyway, used diskpart to see that my 17gb c drive is still there without a label and the 98gb free space that I split off isn’t showing up as one of the volumes… Any help would be appreciated to get this c: drive back up and running

:)

AJPRock, Sep 7, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Missing c drive after using partition tool

"Lost" Partitions

Hello,

Based on your description of the issue with the missing partitions in your hard drive, We suggest checking the hard drive content to see what are the files that occupies your hard drive. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Double-click on your C: drive.
    • Click the Search box (upper right.).
    • In the Search ribbon, click on the Size drop-down box.
    • Select the desired option and wait for the results to populate.

Once you have confirmed that the files in your missing partitions are still saved on your hard drive, see if you have unallocated disk space in the
    Disk Management app by right-clicking the Start button and select
    Disk Management. There are third party recovery tools that can help you in retrieving missing partitions. However,
    we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the product's performance or reliability.

You can also run the System File Checker tool to help you find and fix missing or corrupted system files. Just follow the steps on this article for further assistance.

Should you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

Missing c drive after using partition tool

1. Missing c drive after using partition tool - Similar Threads - Missing drive using

2. Partitioning of C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitioning of C Drive: I have 210 GB free space with a C drive of 251 GB. I have been trying to create a separate partition of 100 GB and 151 GB will be left on C drive. I find that shrink volume is only 1.50 GB. Pease help me if it is possible to partition and what steps do I need to follow....
  3. Partitioning of C drive which is already in used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitioning of C drive which is already in used: Dear Team,I have laptop with 1TB SDD and one local C drive which is already in use. But now I want to partition the C driver. But when I am trying to do, I get the following page:Here you can see that 662.77GB is available in C drive, but "Size of available shrink space in...
  4. Partitioning of C drive which is already in used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning of C drive which is already in used: Dear Team,I have laptop with 1TB SDD and one local C drive which is already in use. But now I want to partition the C driver. But when I am trying to do, I get the following page:Here you can see that 662.77GB is available in C drive, but "Size of available shrink space in...
  5. Partitioning of C drive which is already in used

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Recovery partition after "C:" Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery partition after "C:" Drive: [ATTACH] Does anyone know why this occurred & any way to fix that. It's not actually necessary but it hinders my ability to add more storage to the system. Thanks in advance...
  7. Partition of the drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partition of the drive c: I have purchased a laptop with memory 1 TB, NOW IN C drive 908 Gb in whcih 883 free available in c drive, now i want to make partition of c drive like on c drive 200 GB AND remaining in d and e drive each 340Gb , but when shrinking the existing drive showing the fillowing...
  8. c drive partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    c drive partition: Hi I'm using DELL Vostro 5468. it came preinstalled with windows 10. I got 405 GB free (out of 462 GB ) in my C drive. I wish to use 200 GB for Ubuntu which I'm going to use with dual boot. The issue is I cant shrink the C drive , when I try to shrink it says only 1.2 GB...
  9. C drive partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive partition: I recently bought a new laptop, which has windows 10 home single language inbuilt. It has only C drive and no other partitions at the time of purchase. Now I want to make C into more partitions, But it is not possible to split the C drive. I have tried so many times by Disk...
  10. Partitions on C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions on C Drive: I am not sure how or when this occurred but I somehow seem to have ended up with 2 Healthy (recovery partition) both of which are different sizes. [img] I assume I don't need both, but how do I determine which is being used? Anyone?? TIA 45965