Windows 10: Missing C drive from Defragment list

Discus and support Missing C drive from Defragment list in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro May 2019 Update version 1903. I noticed when I entered Optimise Drive, the Local Disk C was missing from the list.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kneth(2), Jun 17, 2019.

1. kneth(2) Win User

Missing C drive from Defragment list

I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro May 2019 Update version 1903. I noticed when I entered Optimise Drive, the Local Disk C was missing from the list. Any idea as to how to solve this issue?

I re scanned the disks using Disk Management, where all the drives are visible.

Missing C drive from Defragment list 412c87ba-0229-491c-9e13-98a56aca0046?upload=true.jpg Missing C drive from Defragment list b953d68e-43ed-49ca-8539-8f9e68cf879a?upload=true.jpg

:)

kneth(2), Jun 17, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Missing C drive from Defragment list

defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Missing C drive from Defragment list

1. Missing C drive from Defragment list - Similar Threads - Missing drive Defragment

2. Defraging drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Defraging drive: I have Norton Utilities and have their optimizing operation as part of my normal maintenance process. I also use the Windows 10 Optimizing utility Properties/Tools/Optimize. My question is why there is such a difference in the results? I see a fragmention of 5+% in Windows 10...
  3. C drive disappeared from disk defragment and showing error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C drive disappeared from disk defragment and showing error: C drive is missing from Disk defragment and keeps showing errors again and again. I installed a new window but this didn't solve the problem. It asks me to repair on restart but when I restart it, Windows starts without repair. My applications specially browser isnt even...
  4. Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C: Drive C no longer appears in the Defragmenting and Optimizing Drives App? I only see the Recovery Image. How do I add Drive C back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-and-optimizing-drive-c/c54cedb5-7c13-435b-80b6-5c4419421de6
  5. Defragmenting drive

Defragmenting drive: So I opened the defragmenting app but it says my drives cannot be optimized, does anyone know why the drive cannot be optimized? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-drive/7fb54b9b-2e60-4c28-bbd0-5a3cd276c6d2
  6. Disk Defrag Utility is not showing C: Drive!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Defrag Utility is not showing C: Drive!: I am a Windows 10 user and my Disk Defragment Utility is not showing C: Drive.[ATTACH] I can see the Drive in Disk Management. I also did a chkdsk /r search and it told me that the drive could be checked after a reboot and did that but it took almost 16 hours and was stuck...
  7. defragment the C drive is taking over 24 hrs

defragment the C drive is taking over 24 hrs: I was having issues with the speed of my Dell laptop HDD. I ran the de fragment operation and it was going really slow, like 8 hours to get to 45% complete on the first pass. I came back about an hour later and it had been restarted and was repairing the drive note said could...
  8. drive letter missing from the list of available drive letters

drive letter missing from the list of available drive letters: Hi, I have a portable hard drive that when I plug in it is always allocated a drive letter of "M". I have programmed SYNC Toy to back up my PC to the M Drive. However now it is been allocated a drive letter of P. When I go to "This PC", I can see the drive letter M is showing...
  9. drive letter missing from the list of available drive letters

in Windows 10 Support
    drive letter missing from the list of available drive letters: Hi, I have a portable hard drive that when I plug in it is always allocated a drive letter of "M". I have programmed SYNC Toy to back up my PC to the M Drive. However now it is been allocated a drive letter of P. When I go to "This PC", I can see the drive letter M is showing...
  10. Defragment and Optimize C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragment and Optimize C drive: I can not get my C drive to optimize. It stays stuck on 6%. I have tried it 5 times and still will not go to O% optimized. [img] 104256

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c drive disappeared defragment and optimize drives