Windows 10: Missing C:\users\Documents folder

Discus and support Missing C:\users\Documents folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some time now I have been unable to see the Windows "Documents" folder on C:\users. All I see is the C:\users\OneDrive\Documents folder. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichealCox, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Missing C:\users\Documents folder

For some time now I have been unable to see the Windows "Documents" folder on C:\users. All I see is the C:\users\OneDrive\Documents folder.

Does OneDirve somehow interact with the Windows Documents folder and somehow combine them? I can't imagine that to be the case since Memory on OneDrive is proprietary, available for a fee, which is why I tend to avoid putting everything on OneDrive, even though I have more than enough memory on my OneDrive account.

Can the Windows Documents folder get hidden somehow, or even erased?

https://app.box.com/s/l9ejhyrxoamweuvf649dg9le58iu21zc

:)

MichealCox, Jun 26, 2019
  2. LemP Win User

User's folder is not present in c:\\Users

Putting aside your somewhat random use of forward, backward, and double slashes, please explain the difference between:

• In Windows 7 Window Explorer, one cannot view the UserName folder
      in c:\\Users
    and

• UserName folder, normally viewable from c://Users, can be still be viewed and fully accessed from UserName's Desktop
      via Window's Explorer
    Click Start, type C:\Users into the Search box, and press Enter

Please list everything you see. If you would rather not reveal actual user names, use UserA, UserB, UserC, etc. Please mention whether view hidden files and folders is enabled or not.

Is the name of one (or more) users missing from the list of items?

Navigate to any document in the "UserName folder" that you can't see in C:\Users, then right-click and select Properties.

What is shown as the document's "Location"? Again, if you want to use UserA rather than the actual name, that's OK.

3. Robocopy copies folders not in Documents to my backup Documents folder on 2nd drive.

Two things:

• You must surroound your folder names with double quotes:

robocopy "C:\Users\my name\Documents . . ." "D:\Dropbox\my name\Documents
      . . ."
    • Robocopy often hides target folders, causing users to think they are missing. Look for hidden folders.

Frederik Long, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Missing C:\users\Documents folder

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Missing C:\users\Documents folder

1. Missing C:\users\Documents folder - Similar Threads - Missing usersDocuments folder

2. Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>: I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried...
  3. Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>: I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried...
  4. 'Indexed Locations' missing folders present on the C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Indexed Locations' missing folders present on the C drive: I have lots of files saved in a Box folder and in a OneDrive folder saved on the C drive, under 'Users' and my name.These folders do NOT appear in the Indexed Locations, and, once indexing is complete, files and their content are not showing up in searches.It seems that the...
  5. 'Indexed Locations' missing folders present on the C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Indexed Locations' missing folders present on the C drive: I have lots of files saved in a Box folder and in a OneDrive folder saved on the C drive, under 'Users' and my name.These folders do NOT appear in the Indexed Locations, and, once indexing is complete, files and their content are not showing up in searches.It seems that the...
  6. Windows C > Users > personal folder missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows C > Users > personal folder missing: I need to preface my question by saying I am not very computer savvy, as will be seen momentarily. I was attempting to install a program on a new computer. After I downloaded the file to the computer, I was unable to locate it. I looked for it in the location I thought I...
  7. Documents Folder is missing in C drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents Folder is missing in C drive.: I've been trying to install some mods onto a game on my laptop all day to no avail. I realized that my documents folder isn't in my c drive and I have tried registry, and copy and paste the folder in and nothing works. I haven't backed up my laptop before, so that isn't an...
  8. Missing user folder after moved it to c:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing user folder after moved it to c:\: Missing user folder after moved it to c:\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-user-folder-after-moved-it-to-c/58d83d57-5a6b-4c13-acf7-46f7e010382b"
  9. (c:) (MIssing)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    (c:) (MIssing): Can anyone tell me what (C*Smile (MIssing) in the image is? And where did it come from? I suspect it is the result of a Clone operation of the C drive. 102077
  10. Windows folder is missing from Windows (C:)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows folder is missing from Windows (C:): For some reason my entire Windows Folder - the Windows folder inside "Windows (C) -- went missing tonight. In File Explorer, clicking on Windows (C) only shows the following: AMD inetpub PerfLogs Program Files Program Files (x86) SWSetup Users I'm on a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C:\User\USER\Documents is not available

2. c users folder missing