Windows 10: Missing CD/DVD Burner

Discus and support Missing CD/DVD Burner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Precision Workstation M4800 This Workstation has an internal CD/DVD RW Drive as follow: H.L Data Storage Super Multi DVD Writer Model:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by organcd, May 11, 2021.

1. organcd Win User

Missing CD/DVD Burner

I have a Dell Precision Workstation M4800 This Workstation has an internal CD/DVD RW Drive as follow: H.L Data Storage Super Multi DVD Writer Model: GS40N HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS40N Until fairly recently I have been able to Create a System Repair Disc by using this drive and a blank disc. Now when I try to create the disc I get the following note: "The System Repair Disc could not be created - Windows did not find a CD/DVD Burner" So can you please tell me where the CD/DVD Burners gone?

:)

organcd, May 11, 2021
  2. deemby Win User

No DVD Burner in win10

Hi. Thank you for your quick response. I downloaded the suggested programme and was able to produce the necessary VOB files. I could not get the burner to work however. Although the programme recognises my burner as per screen, my PC tell me to insert a disc. I have used both my H and I drives, and also tried DVD+RW and DVD-R, both of which are compatible with the programme. Bree ( a forum guru), also suggested using DVD style.I downloaded that but got the same result. I know that you may not be clued up on the particular software, could there be an issue with the drives? when I check the device manager, things seem to be okay. I just feel that I am missing a step somewhere. When I used win 7, I didnt think about what I was doing, it just happened

Missing CD/DVD Burner [​IMG]

deemby, May 11, 2021
  3. Missing CD/DVD Burner

Cd/dvd burner

Is Windows 10 still capable to use an usb cd/dvd burner to copy files ( like jpeg or wav) to a cd or dvd?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

jameslauck, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Missing CD/DVD Burner

1. Missing CD/DVD Burner - Similar Threads - Missing DVD Burner

2. cd burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd burner: My windows 10 reads but does not write a cd /dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-burner/bf0d6438-7208-4e57-a0e7-59a356a47a9a
  3. CD burner

CD burner: I have desktop HP6300 with Win10. If i want to burn a CD and put disk in the monitor turn black, all fans start spin viguorisly and I have to remove the disk and restart the computer manually to bring it back to life.So, did someone has the same problem?...
  4. CD/DVD Burner

CD/DVD Burner: I am trying to burn audio files to a CD and I get the following response - "Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the...
  5. CD Burner

CD Burner: I had Error Message 0xCOAA0301 trying to burn a CD can any one help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-burner/126e36ee-1be9-4da4-96ea-8e6ee8acb713
  6. CD Burner

CD Burner: I Can not get the Media Player to Burn a CD any Ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-burner/ae6b3545-ba95-4993-8ef5-bb0a4c75ebaf
  7. my cd/dvd burner is not burning disks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my cd/dvd burner is not burning disks: I was using my cd/dvd burner yesterday and it worked perfectly. I went to use the cd/dvd burner today and all it would do is act like it was only reading the disk and the disk is empty nothing is on it what can I do to solve this problem any help would be greatly appreciated...
  8. DVD burner

DVD burner: I have taken videos of family on my go pro, and have purchased windows 10 and office 365 (which you now have to pay for annually) on a new Lenovo laptop and I have no DVD burner soft wear. Are we getting ripped off or what?...
  9. CD/DVD burner problems

CD/DVD burner problems: Since downloading Windows 10 the burner on my desktop will not burn MP 4 files from Windows Media Player (there could be others) I have read where files from Windows Media Player will only burn if they are, WMA; MP3; JPEG; & WMV. Why is this, I have not had this problem...
  10. lost Lite-on CD/DVD burner suddenly

lost Lite-on CD/DVD burner suddenly: My CD/DVD burner disappeared from the File Explorer, Device Manager, and Computer management two days ago. Today I found it in the device manager by looking under "hidden devices". Following instructions from the Microsoft site I uninstalled the driver and restarted the...