Windows 10: Missing CD/DVD driver

Discus and support Missing CD/DVD driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use an old Dell laptop. After I updated to Windows 10 latest update my CD ROM ceased to function. I had recently installed software, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RandyKane1, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Missing CD/DVD driver

I use an old Dell laptop. After I updated to Windows 10 latest update my CD ROM ceased to function. I had recently installed software, then upgraded, then it will no longer work.

So after looking online I deleted cdrom.sys, thinking the system would detect this missing file and restore it. Whoops.

How can I get another copy of cdrom.sys?

:)

RandyKane1, Nov 15, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

cd/dvd device driver is missing

Hi,

To fix the issue regarding error "cd/dvd device driver is missing", check the following steps:

• If Windows is asking for driver, jusk click on Cancel. It will bring you back to the Welcome screen.
    • From there, insert it back to different USB port.
    • Click on Install Now again. The installation process will go through as usual.

This happened to all updated Windows Installer. This might due to failure of windows detecting the USB drive.

When re-inserting the USB drive. Windows Installer will detect the USB drive back, and continue as usual.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Nov 15, 2018
  3. CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Missing CD/DVD driver

CD/DVD not loading any of my pc games

Hi,  

This issue might occur due some problem with display drivers.

I suggest you to update DVD / CD drivers and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Expand DVD/CD ROM.

• Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software
    Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Missing CD/DVD driver

1. Missing CD/DVD driver - Similar Threads - Missing DVD driver

2. Reinstate CD/DVD Drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstate CD/DVD Drivers?: I have lost the drivers for my integral CD/DVD hard drive. Can anyone suggest how I can reinstate this so I can play CDs or DVDs on my laptop please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstate-cddvd-drivers/c2c47259-d2b0-4a20-ae95-f4cd75844c98
  3. Reinstate CD/DVD Drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstate CD/DVD Drivers?: I have lost the drivers for my integral CD/DVD hard drive. Can anyone suggest how I can reinstate this so I can play CDs or DVDs on my laptop please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstate-cddvd-drivers/c2c47259-d2b0-4a20-ae95-f4cd75844c98
  4. A required CD/DVD driver device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A required CD/DVD driver device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD,...: Hello, I have a problem installing Windows 10.While installing the system, I get the error:"A required CD/DVD driver device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now."The system image was downloaded from the...
  5. Missing CD/DVD Burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing CD/DVD Burner: I have a Dell Precision Workstation M4800 This Workstation has an internal CD/DVD RW Drive as follow: H.L Data Storage Super Multi DVD Writer Model: GS40N HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS40N Until fairly recently I have been able to Create a System Repair Disc by using this drive and...
  6. DVD/CD drive missing

DVD/CD drive missing: Unable to find all drives except my C: drive. Even went into registry to try and delete upper and lower filters. They dont exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-drive-missing/68b6d901-97d0-430b-81bd-67aebafa94cc
  7. cd-dvd driver error

cd-dvd driver error: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 laptoprunning windows 10. both my cd-dvd drives 1 internal, 1 external show errors in Device manager that read : Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19...
  8. Missing HDD and CD/DVD

Missing HDD and CD/DVD: Hello Members, I hav been putting this off for some time, but because it is raining and gloomy I thought I would ask this now. My HP Pavilion Notebook ha two physical drives. A 2tb Hard Disk Drive and a CD/DVD. They are obviously working as I can power up and use the...
  9. cd/dvd driver

cd/dvd driver: I have been trying to get my cd/dvd driver to work ever since a Windows update messed it all up. I don't know why Windows feels the need to remove software from peoples computers just because they think cd/dvds are becoming obsolete. that is really not the case, its only an...
  10. DVD/CD ROM DRIVER

DVD/CD ROM DRIVER: How do I update my driver to read karaoke CDG's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom-driver/0a739b2f-5f69-4c52-80a2-67b08130a7f0