Windows 10: Missing Characters When Typing

Discus and support Missing Characters When Typing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? Recently, when I've been typing in Microsoft Edge, JAWS seems to think there's missing letters. Is JAWS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnnabelleBaradine, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Missing Characters When Typing

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? Recently, when I've been typing in Microsoft Edge, JAWS seems to think there's missing letters. Is JAWS on the fritz? Or is it my keyboard that's acting strange? As far as I know, this doesn't happen in any other applications. Even the screen is a bit slow to respond sometimes. I'm on JAWS 2021 with a home annual license in Windows 10 Home 64 Bit. I think it all started when Windows installed an update of 10.1.1904.1.3636 without my knowledge or consent! Is there a way to safely fix this without making my machine unbootable? I tried uninstalling an

:)

AnnabelleBaradine, Apr 14, 2024
  2. tracy2016 Win User

Where can I get the candidate characters while typing in traditional characters?

I am trying to type in Traditional Chinese, but the candidate list does not show at all!

It is impossible to type two keys as you suggested. Is there any way I could type in traditional characters as I do in simplified characters?

Can you help me solve this problem? Many thanks.

tracy2016, Apr 14, 2024
  3. DimaAdham Win User
    Arabic keyboard missing characters

The Arabic keyboard in WP8 is missing quite a few characters which renders it useless. In older versions, the missing characters were available through pressing the shift key but the latter is not available in WP8 while in the Arabic keyboard.

The list of missing characters are:

• Arabic Letter Yeh with Hamza Above
    • Arabic Letter Alef with Hamza Above
    • Arabic Letter Alef with Hamza Below
    • Arabic Letter Alef with Madda Above
    • Arabic Letter Hamza Isolated Form
    • Arabic Letter Waw with Hamza Above
    • All Diacritics are missing.
    I hope you have plans to fix this serious issue. It's extremely annoying.

DimaAdham, Apr 14, 2024
  4. Missing Characters When Typing

search windows box next to start only allows 2 or 3 characters to be typed

Hi,

To isolate your concern regarding search box, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any results even you can only type 2-3 characters?
    • Is the Search suggestions working?
    • What happen when you exceeded 3 characters?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Apr 14, 2024
Thema:

Missing Characters When Typing

1. Missing Characters When Typing - Similar Threads - Missing Characters Typing

2. Missing Characters When Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Characters When Typing: Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? Recently, when I've been typing in Microsoft Edge, JAWS seems to think there's missing letters. Is JAWS on the fritz? Or is it my keyboard that's acting strange? As far as I know, this doesn't happen in any other applications....
  3. Missing Characters When Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Characters When Typing: Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? Recently, when I've been typing in Microsoft Edge, JAWS seems to think there's missing letters. Is JAWS on the fritz? Or is it my keyboard that's acting strange? As far as I know, this doesn't happen in any other applications....
  4. Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11: Hello,I have a strange behavior since a month or so, when typing the r&R letter, the typing cursor moves to its left, making it impossible to write when using this laptop. I'm facing this issue only when using external keyboards. Furthermore, I have tried unplugging,...
  5. Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11

Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11: Hello,I have a strange behavior since a month or so, when typing the r&R letter, the typing cursor moves to its left, making it impossible to write when using this laptop. I'm facing this issue only when using external keyboards. Furthermore, I have tried unplugging,...
  6. typing special characters

typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  7. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  8. Type a Unicode Character

in Windows 10 Support
    Type a Unicode Character: Hello, I am using Win 10 version 2004 and build 19041.388. If I try to enter a Unicode character via the method Alt + <hex number>, then I do get a character but it is the wrong one. For example if I enter 2212 it give a 'n' with a squiggle on top whereas it should return...
  9. Typing characters issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typing characters issue: Why does my laptop keyboard type different characters than what is intended? It only does it occasionally like tpis. <---example: p for h Rigpt now I'm using Cprome. I go to MS Edge and it is fine. I go to MS Excel, Word, it is normal. I pave to close everytping and...
  10. Extra characters when typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra characters when typing: When I type a word in a text app like Mail, every word is preceded with an extra character, usually a lower case m. 144560