Windows 10: Missing/Corrupted Icons

Discus and support Missing/Corrupted Icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Evening! I've got a weird bug that's been bugging me for a while now (as you can see on the picture). This is on a Dell Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hugodlr3, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Missing/Corrupted Icons

Evening! I've got a weird bug that's been bugging me for a while now (as you can see on the picture). This is on a Dell Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition running Windows 10 2004. I'm missing some icons that have been replaced by a generic rectangle in both the action center and in the windows security panel - the only other place I've noticed it is in the snip tool toolbar. It's definitely a first world problem, but I'd appreciate any ideas. I tried using the Media Creation Tool to do an in-place upgrade and it failed. I recently had to do an off-line install of Microsoft (Office) 365 as it randomly deregistered and disappeared (if that gives any context). All other updates are installed for everything (Os, drivers, hardware, etc.), and I'm not running into any other issues that I've noticed. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I thought I'd added a picture - not sure where it went - I'm adding a link to my personal blogpost for the pictures - please let me know if I just need to redo it again Missing/Corrupted Icons :) https://hugodlr.com/?p=778

submitted by /u/hugodlr3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hugodlr3, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Missing/Corrupted Icons

missing/unusable internet explorer icon

Hi,

One of the reasons why your applications is missing due to a corrupted system files. Have you tried running SFC
    scan? If not, we suggest that you run SFC scan to check and fix any system files that has been corrupted. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Missing/Corrupted Icons

1. Missing/Corrupted Icons - Similar Threads - Missing Corrupted Icons

2. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  3. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  4. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Autorun.dll is missing or corrupt.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autorun.dll is missing or corrupt.: Dear Microsoft, My pc has to restart occasionally due to errors. Of course I don't really know what is causing these errors. One is a System Service Exception and another is Kmode exception not handled. My main goal is to re-install Windows 10. However, I cannot do so because...
  6. vmbus.sys is missing or corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    vmbus.sys is missing or corrupted: Does anyone know what could've caused this? The person helping me figure out how to fix this issue seems to know how to fix it, but has no clue what caused it. submitted by /u/blindrats [link] [comments]...
  7. BIOS missing or corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS missing or corrupt: Have a HP Stream Laptop everytime I turn it on it says about needing updates that always fail. Says I need to free 8gb of disk space but I don't know why theres no space I don't use this because of this problem. Also tried running recovery and got a message that says my BIOS...
  8. corrupt icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupt icons: I have some legacy programs in a folder off the root whose icons have have become 'default' (a white rectangle). If I rename this folder, the icons magically reappear correctly. Rebuilding the icon cache does not fix the problem! There are more than just five executable...
  9. Missing/Corrupted bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing/Corrupted bluetooth: I have missing/corrupted bluetooth drivers. I've tried reinstalling the drivers manually for my specific system. I've done the sfc /scannow command and the DISM one. Bluetooth isn't listed in my device manager anymore. I've tried going to services.msc, and starting the...
  10. Icon corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon corruption: Hi, I have a friend who recently upgraded from W8.1 to W10 on an HP laptop. There's been a few glitches since the upgrade; one of which is some icon corruption. Some image files on the desktop that seemed to be fixed by copying and pasting the files and deleting the...