Windows 10: Missing ctfmon.exe

Discus and support Missing ctfmon.exe in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home. I found that I could not type in the search bar. When I ran Win+R then C:Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe I found I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leewj9559, Sep 14, 2019.

1. leewj9559 Win User

Missing ctfmon.exe

Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home. I found that I could not type in the search bar. When I ran Win+R then C:Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe I found I could type in the search bar and microsoft edge. Every time I start the computer I have to repeat this process to use the search bar and microsoft edge. How can I get ctfmon.exe to start with my computer to avoid this procedure?

Thanks in advance.

:)

leewj9559, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

ctfmon

Hello,

Ctfmon is the Microsoft process that controls Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar. It’s how you can control the computer via speech or a pen tablet, or using the onscreen keyboard inputs for asian languages. If you are using any of the mentioned
    tasks, you should leave it enabled. Since you've already tried removing it at the task manager, we suggest that you follow the steps below to disable ctfmon.exe:

• Open Settings by clicking the Windows icon.
    • At the Settings window, type in Administrative tools and select it.
    • At the Administrative tools window, click Services.
    • At the services window, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting panel service, set this to disabled and stop the service. This will disable the ability to use the onscreen keyboard.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 25, 2019
  4. CloudyYK Win User

Missing ctfmon.exe

ctfmon

I randomly got ctfmon on my task manager running and i've tried everything to disable it. It is not on my startup for task manager either :/ pls help me remove it

<Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage>

CloudyYK, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Missing ctfmon.exe

1. Missing ctfmon.exe - Similar Threads - Missing ctfmon exe

2. How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?: I just opened my laptop and this thing pop out and it says ctfmon.exe - Bad ImageC:\Windows\system32\InputService.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your...
  3. Missing Vc_runtimeMinimumx64.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Vc_runtimeMinimumx64.exe: I have just bought a new computer, and I've downloaded Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 through steam, and every time i'm trying to open the game I am getting the error message of the following C:\ProgramData\Package...
  4. Missing Vc_runtimeMinimumx64.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Vc_runtimeMinimumx64.exe: I have just bought a new computer, and I've downloaded Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 through steam, and every time i'm trying to open the game I am getting the error message of the following C:\ProgramData\Package...
  5. YourPhone .exe missing

YourPhone .exe missing: Your phone stopped working after a Windows reinstall by a Microsoft tech. I have discovered that yourphone.exe is missing from my computer after including hidden files in the search. I can't get any help from Microsoft support because the techs keep taking steps designed to...
  6. YourPhone .exe missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YourPhone .exe missing: Your phone stopped working after a Windows reinstall by a Microsoft tech. I have discovered that yourphone.exe is missing from my computer after including hidden files in the search. I can't get any help from Microsoft support because the techs keep taking steps designed to...
  7. A .EXE file missing suddenly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A .EXE file missing suddenly: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 home single language since 2018.I update my Windows to 1909 version. I recently start to play a game and my game's .exe file suddenly erased or deleted from the game main directory. I have to reinstall the game for now several times for a week. Is it...
  8. Exe files gone missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exe files gone missing: so my pc ran into a problem , i had to fix it with system restore . at first everything seems normal and i saw my desktop without any icons in it except the preinstalled apps , then i checked my files installed ... ALL the files is fine EXCEPT ALL OF MY EXE FILES ARE GONE...
  9. Exe files missing

Exe files missing: Logged on to find one of my shortcuts Streamlabs chat bot isnt working. Getting the error that its moved. I did a search and the only results were in a deep folder under user\appdata\local\packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\localstate\appiconcache\100. There...
  10. CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work

CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work: how do I fix my keyboard is not working web site said to check for CTFMON.exe but I am not finding it under system 32 files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctfmonexe-is-missing-how-do-i-fix-it-my-keyboard/b0dd6628-a5b4-4cce-8b99-39f3b4259813
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cftmon missing

2. ran ctfmon.exe and shortcut not working