Windows 10: Missing Ctrl +W Shortcut

Discus and support Missing Ctrl +W Shortcut in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I got update of Microsoft Photos recently to 2021.21060.9012.0 and shortcut Ctrl +W is not working. It worked earlier, could you fix it?Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by marrak, Jul 7, 2021.

1. marrak Win User

Missing Ctrl +W Shortcut

Hello,I got update of Microsoft Photos recently to 2021.21060.9012.0 and shortcut Ctrl +W is not working. It worked earlier, could you fix it?Thank you!

:)

marrak, Jul 7, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to delete shortcut Ctrl + Shift?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please help us with the details requested below:

• Have you assigned the “Ctrl + Shift” shortcut for any application?

Ideally, the shortcut Ctrl + Shift is used to switch the keyboard layout when multiple keyboard layouts are available. If you have assigned the shortcut for a keyboard layout, you may try changing it by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices and select
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Scroll down and select Advanced keyboard settings.
    4. Click on Input language hot keys.
    5. Select the layout for which you have assigned the shortcut and click on
      Change Key Sequence.
    6. Under Switch Keyboard Layout, select
      Not assigned.
    7. Click on OK (Twice).

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Luke Win User
    Ctrl + W works as if Ctrl + V... but only once

Turns out TenClips Clipboard Manager overrides Ctrl + W by default

I got my Ctrl + W back by:

• Opening TenClips settings
    • Removing the shortcut for "Paste purified text", which was set to Ctrl + W by default

Apparently these settings will be reset on reboot unless you pay for TenClips... so I am now using CopyQ

Luke, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Missing Ctrl +W Shortcut

Disable ctrl-shift-W

That's an easy one: Record your own macro to center a text, then assign it to Ctrl+Shift+W.

Frederik Long, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Missing Ctrl +W Shortcut

1. Missing Ctrl +W Shortcut - Similar Threads - Missing Ctrl Shortcut

2. Is it possible to turn off the ctrl + w shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to turn off the ctrl + w shortcut.: I work as a chat agent for an employment service where I answer employment-related questions from job seekers and employers. A few times the browser that the chat was on mysteriously closed during a chat. I discovered why on Friday when it did it again. I accidentally hit...
  3. Is it possible to turn off the ctrl + w shortcut.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to turn off the ctrl + w shortcut.: I work as a chat agent for an employment service where I answer employment-related questions from job seekers and employers. A few times the browser that the chat was on mysteriously closed during a chat. I discovered why on Friday when it did it again. I accidentally hit...
  4. Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W: My other keyboard shortcuts are working. But those two aren't working anywhere. I've tried a number of trouble shooting solutions and nothing has worked. Any ideas how to fix it?...
  5. Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W: My other keyboard shortcuts are working. But those two aren't working anywhere. I've tried a number of trouble shooting solutions and nothing has worked. Any ideas how to fix it?...
  6. Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W

7. Ctrl W not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl W not working: I recently updated my computer to Windows 11, and I was having an issue with the GameBar, where whenever I used the shortcut ctrl w, the GameBar popped up. I found a way to disable this by removing the GameBar, but now my ctrl w shortcut won't work. Any help would be much...
  8. Ctrl W not working

Ctrl W not working: I recently updated my computer to Windows 11, and I was having an issue with the GameBar, where whenever I used the shortcut ctrl w, the GameBar popped up. I found a way to disable this by removing the GameBar, but now my ctrl w shortcut won't work. Any help would be much...
  9. ctrl + w problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    ctrl + w problem: Hello, i have a problem. I was playing some PC game CS:GO and i got rage and i punched my keyboard. After few minutes i realised i cant do duck walk in this game with ctrl + w. When I am holding ctrl + w, a repetitive sound is heard. I think i switched my settings on my...
  10. Ctrl Shortcuts Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Shortcuts Broken: They only break when I'm playing a game, but here's a list of things people told me and it didn't work. -updating drivers -running troubleshooter -sfc /scannow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 Ctrl W does not work

2. windows 11 ctrl w not working