Windows 10: Missing D: drive after system crash

Discus and support Missing D: drive after system crash in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, my computer was running, doing almost nothing when suddenly it crashed (system), nothing special blue screen- collecting data- reboot. When i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatrikMazúr, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Missing D: drive after system crash

Hello,

my computer was running, doing almost nothing when suddenly it crashed (system), nothing special blue screen- collecting data- reboot. When i logged in error message popped up. That it cannot load my desktop ( it was on my D: drive) after several try outs of internet guides I found out nothing. Is there anyone who can help me?

Using Windows 10 on Lenovo Ideapad 700

Missing D: drive after system crash b61e7f86-bb85-403b-89e1-c3ae99459bee?upload=true.png

:)

PatrikMazúr, Jan 18, 2019

2. windows 10 missing D: drive

Hello Jean,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with missing D: drive from your system. We will certainly help you.

We suggest you to kindly follow the suggestion from the below link and check if it helps:

D drive missing after Windows 10 upgrade

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assists you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 18, 2019
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Logan Aro Win User

Missing D: drive after system crash

D Drive is missing from my computer.

Like I said, my D Drive was on my computer, then it crashed and it wasn't. It isn't in my Disk Drivers, Disk Mangement, File Explorer, or anything. I also did a BIOS check and it couldn't find the missing drive. It doesn't even recognize it is there. If
    you have any other suggestions I would be greatly appreciated.

Logan Aro, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Missing D: drive after system crash

1. Missing D: drive after system crash - Similar Threads - Missing drive system

2. D Drive Missing After Fragmentation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D Drive Missing After Fragmentation: Hi, As the title suggests, my D drive has gone missing after fragmentation. I have tried to rescan disks in disk management, update driver in device manager, uninstalled recent windows updates but still unable to locate my D drive.Based on event logs, it’s showing me event ID...
  3. D Drive Missing After Fragmentation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D Drive Missing After Fragmentation: Hi, As the title suggests, my D drive has gone missing after fragmentation. I have tried to rescan disks in disk management, update driver in device manager, uninstalled recent windows updates but still unable to locate my D drive.Based on event logs, it’s showing me event ID...
  4. My D: drive is missing after system reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My D: drive is missing after system reset: Hey guys! My computer was running into a boot error for the past 3-5 days that read"Reboot and select proper boot device, or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". After troubleshooting i ended up having to perform a system reset using the Windows Media...
  5. My D: drive is missing after system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D: drive is missing after system reset: Hey guys! My computer was running into a boot error for the past 3-5 days that read"Reboot and select proper boot device, or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". After troubleshooting i ended up having to perform a system reset using the Windows Media...
  6. My D: drive is missing after system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  8. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  9. D Drive Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive Missing: Hello I was wondering if anyone had an answer to my problem. I left home early Thursday morning and everything was fine with my computer, but after I got home I turned it on and noticed my D drive was missing. How can I get my D drive back, and how can I prevent this...
  10. D: Drive is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D: Drive is missing: Hello! My laptop ran out of charge before yesterday so I charged it and opened it up, then I suddenly found that my D: Drive which contains all my games and important files is missing. It's been 2 days now and I have yet to find an actual working solution. Someone please...