Windows 10: Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan

Discus and support Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi !Although no threats were found, The log of Defender Offline scan indicates the following missing definitions :WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gratgrat, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Gratgrat Win User

Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan

Hi !Although no threats were found, The log of Defender Offline scan indicates the following missing definitions :WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641 TID:1596 PID:1564 Missing definitions file in 'C:\mpam-fex64.exe' WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641 TID:1596 PID:1564 Missing definitions file in 'D:\mpam-fex64.exe' WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641 TID:1596 PID:1564 Missing definitions file in 'E:\mpam-fex64.exe' WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641 TID:1596 PID:1564 Missing definitions file in 'X:\mpam-fex64.exe' As far as I've seen on the net, it happened to other persons as well, some of them being ab

:)

Gratgrat, Jun 7, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan

Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

Restored the Macrium Image and got my Recovery partitions back:

Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan [​IMG]

So as expected, I had a bunch of updates to do:

After the updates, I gave Microsoft Defender Offline a try and it worked!

And this just shows that I'm back at the latest version build of 20H2:

This one was my fault and I admit I was the culprit of my own troubles. It was just a coincidence that I used Partition Wizard around the same time the Cumulative Updates were going on from Oct 28th to November 11th and it gave me the suspicion to suspect them being responsible for the Offline scan problem.

I mean who the heck would of ever thought that a Recovery Partition would have anything to do with an Offline Scan in an Online world?

A special thanks to OldNavyGuy for his suggestion that a Windows Recovery Partition being deleted was the problem.

EyeInTheSky, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan

1. Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan - Similar Threads - Missing definitions Defender

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro build 19405When I run a Windows Defender Offline Scan, msssWrapper always shows a warning message saying definitions are missing. How I Got Here: I was initially concerned because 1 my computer is slower than it ought to be, 2 there were two programs...
  3. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro build 19405When I run a Windows Defender Offline Scan, msssWrapper always shows a warning message saying definitions are missing. How I Got Here: I was initially concerned because 1 my computer is slower than it ought to be, 2 there were two programs...
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Offline Defender scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline Defender scan: Running Windows 10 and I am trying to do an Offline Defender scan, PC restarts and I then get a blue screen asking me to choose my keyboard layout, but I cant select anything or move away from screen. What's happening?...
  6. Offline Defender scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline Defender scan: Running Windows 10 and I am trying to do an Offline Defender scan, PC restarts and I then get a blue screen asking me to choose my keyboard layout, but I cant select anything or move away from screen. What's happening?...
  7. Offline Defender scan

8. Defender Offline Scan does not scan

Defender Offline Scan does not scan: I am currently running a Win10 21H2 with all latest and greatest updates.Admittedly a German version, so I may not get the titles for all menues and options 100% rightEarlier this week, Defender reported a .VBS script it had put into quarantine. Upon initial inspection, this...
  9. Defender offline scan

Defender offline scan: Hi Where can I find the scan results report following a Defender Offline Scan ? Tony https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-offline-scan/cdc1325b-cfd4-44d5-a7fe-3956d0715fb4
  10. Defender Offline scan

Defender Offline scan: Morning My system seemed very slow to boot this morning - blank screen no connection cable displayed. After it booted I ran a full system scan with no problems. I then ran the Defender offline scan takes about 15 minutes to run. The scan appeared to take about 5-6 minutes....