Windows 10: Missing "delete" and "cut" option from context menu

Discus and support Missing "delete" and "cut" option from context menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and when I use the file explorer, the "delete" and "cut" is missing from the context menu when I press right-click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jchoong, Jun 19, 2016.

1. jchoong Win User

Missing "delete" and "cut" option from context menu

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and when I use the file explorer, the "delete" and "cut" is missing from the context menu when I press right-click with mouse on the file and folder. Is there anyone that knows how to add these features into the context menu because it becomes very inconvenient when such options are missing? Would appreciate somebody who can help me out here. Thank you.

:)

jchoong, Jun 19, 2016

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Jun 19, 2016
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Jun 19, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hi jchoong and welcome to the TenForums *Smile

Always do a search on here first. There is an old thread on these forums asking the same thing. There were two answers given but the OP did not report back if they fixed the problem. I would try the solution given in post #3 first and then try the other if that did not work.

Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu

philc43, Jun 19, 2016
  5. jchoong Win User
    I've look through the other posts. The suggested solutions seem risky and I wonder until now after 2 months later whether there are any better solution. However, as I restart my computer, the '"delete" and "cut" option appear again on the context menu so I guess the problem is solved.

jchoong, Jun 19, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Yes, a restart can often fix things *Smile

Thanks for reporting back and please mark the thread as solved.

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing "delete" and "cut" option from context menu - Similar Threads - Missing delete cut

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. Missing context menu options following update

Missing context menu options following update: Hello team,Following a recent update, I am missing my context menu options. I have been able to restore the WinRAR ones via the app, but OneDrive options are limited. This is significantly impacting my workflow as I sync alot of work folders with my local machine and share...
  5. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

"Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  6. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  7. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-is-missing-the-open-option/0d7c340c-17ef-4b71-893c-e6da8327f7e2
  8. Options missing from file context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Options missing from file context menu.: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click. ***Title changed from: [missing...
  9. foobar2000 options missing from Window Explorer context menu

foobar2000 options missing from Window Explorer context menu: I don't have the options to play a folder or queue tracks in foobar2000 anymore in Windows Explorer context menu. I've already checked Shell Integration on foobar2000 Preferences, and "Folder context menus" box is already checked. Apparently, the foobar2000 context menu...
  10. Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu: My first post here. I searched here but could not find an answer, maybe someone can shed some light on this. I am trying to help an elderly friend who has run into a problem that neither of us can solve. I consider myself pretty savvy on computers, but this one has me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Missing delete and cut option from context menu windows 7

2. Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu windows 7

3. Windows 10 Forums>Windows 10 Support>Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu