Windows 10: Missing, Delete plan option in power & sleep settings

Discus and support Missing, Delete plan option in power & sleep settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there. for some reason i cannot remove any custom battery plans i made. the option to is gone. So i made a plan called"Delete" (as a 3rd test)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MRKistic, Sep 28, 2016.

1. MRKistic Win User

Missing, Delete plan option in power & sleep settings

Hi there. for some reason i cannot remove any custom battery plans i made. the option to is gone.

So i made a plan called"Delete" (as a 3rd test)

Missing, Delete plan option in power & sleep settings [​IMG]

then tried to delete it. but i cant.

Missing, Delete plan option in power & sleep settings [​IMG]

it is like this for the other two plans i created. "Downloaded and Custom Gaming"

Thanks.

:)

MRKistic, Sep 28, 2016
  2. RCarr32 Win User

Power & Sleep vs. Additional Power Settings

It seems the default power options are in the control panel under "Power & Sleep" settings. Here you can tell the computer when to turn off the display and when to go to sleep.

From this screen you can open the "Additional Power Settings" menu where you can set power plans. Creating power plans also gives you the option of setting when to turn off the display and when to go to sleep. (This menu seems to be the same power options
    that I'm used to from Windows 7.)

Which of these systems governs? They don't see to coincide. If the new "Power & Sleep" menu ultimately controls when the computer turns off the display and goes to sleep, is there a way from that menu to quickly switch back and forth between plans without
    having to change all the settings individually each time you want to change?

RCarr32, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Surface pro 3 requires password after sleep regardless of settings with windows 10.

As I said, everything is set to NOT require signin

Settings/Accounts/Sign in options for "Require sign in" - NEVER

Settings/System/Power & sleep/Additional power settings/Require a password on wakeup - DON'T REQUIRE A PASSWORD

Settings/System/Power & sleep/Change Plan Settings/Change advanced power settings - NO PASSWORD (ACTIVE), NO PASSWORD/REQUIRE A PASSWORD ON WAKEUP, ON BATTERY - NO, PLUGGED IN - NO

I found all of these places referencing password on signin.....some of them are buried in obscure places. If you found one I missed let me know!

HeleneGuilfoy, Sep 28, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Missing, Delete plan option in power & sleep settings - Similar Threads - Missing Delete plan

2. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  3. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  4. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 power plan options missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 power plan options missing: I want to change what my lid does when i close it, and now everything is missing in my power plan settings. I have always done this but today it just dissapeared. Clicking anything says "your power plan information isn't availible." I followed some tutorials on how to fix it,...
  6. Windows 11 power plan options missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 power plan options missing: I want to change what my lid does when i close it, and now everything is missing in my power plan settings. I have always done this but today it just dissapeared. Clicking anything says "your power plan information isn't availible." I followed some tutorials on how to fix it,...
  7. USB settings in power plan options is missing in Windows 10.

USB settings in power plan options is missing in Windows 10.: When i go to "change advanced power setting" I'm missing the usb settings. It's a brand new asus vivobook running WIn 10 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-settings-in-power-plan-options-is-missing-in/fcdd2e1e-2a20-4c27-aa45-16f1ce742064
  8. Missing options in power saving plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing options in power saving plans: Hey friends, I recently got a new Dell Inspiron 14 and I'm missing a lot of advanced options I was expecting when setting up a power saving plan. I can't set min or max CPU perfomance for either battery or powered states, can't set screen brightness either. I used to be able...
  9. Missing Power Plans & Options

Missing Power Plans & Options: I don't now what's going on, but lots of options are missing from default balance plan and the custom power plan I created. [img] [img] - - - Updated - - - I also ran this in cmd prompt: Code: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61[/quote]...
  10. Missing power plan in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power plan in power options: I always choosing only power saver power plan to prevent cpu usage high and overheating. But starting may the power plan settings is missing only 'Balanced(Recommended)" is the remain choice. I think caused by windows update. Anybody microsoft personnel who read this pls...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete power plan spleep missing