Windows 10: Missing Desktop file Windows 10

Discus and support Missing Desktop file Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I believe that my laptop recently performed a routine Windows 10 upgrade and afterwards I the desktop screen is at a bare minimum and almost all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by glspence_043, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Missing Desktop file Windows 10

I believe that my laptop recently performed a routine Windows 10 upgrade and afterwards I the desktop screen is at a bare minimum and almost all functions and key presses seem to be disabled. .

The message I get is that there is a file missing: C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop

I tried to do a recovery to an earlier state using the windows+X key, but that is unresponsive. Also when I press the windows start key there is no response. The only thing I see is a windows desktop with the recycle bin and a few icons on trhe task bar, most being unresponsive.

Is there any way to recover from this state, given that no key presses seem to work?

:)

glspence_043, Nov 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 22, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Missing Desktop file Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Missing Desktop file Windows 10

1. Missing Desktop file Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Missing Desktop file

2. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing: after login there is a blackscreen with my mouse cursor with the help of Ctrl+shift+Esc i was able to open Task-Manager and Edge but i dont have a taskbar or desktop pls help...
  3. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing: after login there is a blackscreen with my mouse cursor with the help of Ctrl+shift+Esc i was able to open Task-Manager and Edge but i dont have a taskbar or desktop pls help...
  4. Desktop files are missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop files are missing: I have an asus laptop that runs on windows 10, i turned on my laptop today and all my desktop files are gone. Granted I have dropbox and they were saved there. But why are they all missing from my desktop?...
  5. Files gone missing from Desktop???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files gone missing from Desktop???: I have a folder structure sitting in my desktop directory that contains about 40 sub directories, one for each of my past clients. Within each of these sub-directories there are other sub-directories. A few days ago I went into one of these sub-directories and found that...
  6. Windows 10 1903 update missing desktop files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 update missing desktop files: Hi, so i recently updated to windows 10 1903 after putting it off for a while and folders on my desktop arent there anymore and i cannot find them. So, basically the update was going normally until it went into the sign in. It came up with " The user profile server failed...
  7. Desktop files missing.... But they're not?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop files missing.... But they're not?: [IMG] I press OK, and then attempt to sign up in the same account, again - this time the error doesn't appear again, oddly, but it's replaced by this - https://youtu.be/xlT4YkhfUjs No desktop icons except the Recycle Bin, the fonts are odd and the mouse cursor is that of...
  8. Windows 10 & Missing Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & Missing Desktop Icons: - Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit I was repairing, uninstalling, and installing an app yesterday. In the process, I somehow managed to delete many, but not all, of my desktop icons. My guess is that I lost about 60 to 75 percent of my prior desktop icons. My desktop icons are just...
  9. Missing desktop files after Windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing desktop files after Windows update: Hi, I have a year 2010 Asus PC with Windows 10. After the latest Windows 10 update, a few document files are missing from my desktop. I used file explorer to search for one of the files but could not find the latest version. Can anyone help? Thanks!! 65749
  10. Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?: My desktop files and folders all are missing? One of my desktop folders are MP3 files are missing and it is only one copy. Magically one of folder MP3 songs are able to be played in my music box in the playing list. It is only one copy. I have turned on OneDrive to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing desktop file windows 10

2. desktop file missing windows 10

3. windows 10 missing desktop files

4. windows desktop file missing,
  5. desktop files missing windows 10,
  6. missing dektop file window 10,
  7. desktop file missing,
  8. file missing from desktop windows 10,
  9. system 32 desktop file missing windows 10