Windows 10: Missing desktop screen Windows 10 SOLVED

Discus and support Missing desktop screen Windows 10 SOLVED in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop which can be used as a tablet. I always use it as a laptop, never as a tablet. I booted it up as usual and, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewThe Author, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Missing desktop screen Windows 10 SOLVED

I have a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop which can be used as a tablet. I always use it as a laptop, never as a tablet. I booted it up as usual and, no desktop screen. Gone. Missing. All I saw was the Start Screen. Where was my beloved desktop screen? Where was my taskbar icons? Where were all the things saved on my desktop screen? Missing.

I spent an hour in Chat with microsoft support. They were not helpful and only wanted me to pay for advanced support.

After another hour searching for a solution online, I found the fix. Here it is:

Somehow, my device had changed my selections re tablet mode settings. I did not change ANY settings. No one else uses my laptop, ever. How had the setting changed? I have no idea. In any event I was able to fix the issue.

Here's the details of the fix ...

1. First, under Settings >System>Tablet Mode there are 2 buttons at the bottom. I turned the first button (hide apps) to OFF. I turned the other button (automatically hide taskbar in tablet mode) to OFF. Taskbar icons appeared but no Desktop Screen.

2. Under Settings >System>Tablet Mode it had been set to "use appropriate mode for my hardware". I changed it to "use desktop mode".

Voila! My desktop screen appeared, with all my taskbar icons and saved items, and everything was back to normal (back to the way I like it)

:)

AndrewThe Author, Sep 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 11, 2018
  3. keakar Win User
    need help with windows 10 missing desktop problem

lol, I know what you mean, I feel the same way but that's all I got???????????????????

she said she turned it on one day and no more desktop, just blue screen (not the "you have a problem" blue screen but the screen was just blue with the start menu icons showing) with the options to choose edge or your file locations but no desktop image or icons

its like it redirected to no longer use the desktop as the main display page and now shows some abbreviated variation of the win 10 start menu

these are both win 7 OS updated to win 10 if that helps

keakar, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Missing desktop screen Windows 10 SOLVED

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Missing desktop screen Windows 10 SOLVED

1. Missing desktop screen Windows 10 SOLVED - Similar Threads - Missing desktop screen

2. [SOLVED] Missing thumbnails for system apps Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [SOLVED] Missing thumbnails for system apps Windows 10: As you can see thumbnails for apps like settings, photos and more all have this blank image thumbnail instead of their actual logo. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-missing-thumbnails-for-system-apps-windows/5a1e05cb-0c59-478c-bbfc-b6e2979f2a03
  3. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing: after login there is a blackscreen with my mouse cursor with the help of Ctrl+shift+Esc i was able to open Task-Manager and Edge but i dont have a taskbar or desktop pls help...
  4. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing: after login there is a blackscreen with my mouse cursor with the help of Ctrl+shift+Esc i was able to open Task-Manager and Edge but i dont have a taskbar or desktop pls help...
  5. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BOOTMGR is missing, Windows 10 (solved)

in Windows 10 Support
    BOOTMGR is missing, Windows 10 (solved): I hope this helps someone. I had the dreaded BOOTMGR not found the other day, but it was a weird one. I could see, both in Parter Magic and Windows RE that my two SDDs were fine and healthy, but nothing seemed to work to repair the MBR, etc. I kept getting "Element not found"...
  7. Missing Folder on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Folder on Windows 10 Desktop: One of my folders has disappeared from my desktop overnight. It's a folder I need to access multiple times each day. It still shows up under Quick Access/Desktop, but it is nowhere on the desktop itself. I know that I can create a shortcut, but I'd like to restore it instead....
  8. Missing Desktop file Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Desktop file Windows 10: I believe that my laptop recently performed a routine Windows 10 upgrade and afterwards I the desktop screen is at a bare minimum and almost all functions and key presses seem to be disabled. . The message I get is that there is a file missing:...
  9. Desktop Screen Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Screen Missing: I do not know how it occurred, but my desktop screen is not showing and I have the start menu down the left hand side of my screen. I prefer to have my Desktop and Desktop icons as the main home screen. The Desktop screen and Icons will come up monetarily when I close out...
  10. Windows 10 & Missing Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & Missing Desktop Icons: - Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit I was repairing, uninstalling, and installing an app yesterday. In the process, I somehow managed to delete many, but not all, of my desktop icons. My guess is that I lost about 60 to 75 percent of my prior desktop icons. My desktop icons are just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 missing desktop screen