Windows 10: Missing Desktop windows symbol

Discus and support Missing Desktop windows symbol in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have recently installed Norton 360 on windows 10. After restart windows symbol on desktop is not visible .But the system is working. Kindly help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ckscks, Jul 14, 2020.

1. ckscks Win User

Missing Desktop windows symbol

I have recently installed Norton 360 on windows 10. After restart windows symbol on desktop is not visible .But the system is working. Kindly help me to get normal windows 10 desktop.

:)

ckscks, Jul 14, 2020

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Jul 14, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Missing Desktop windows symbol

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Missing Desktop windows symbol

1. Missing Desktop windows symbol - Similar Threads - Missing Desktop symbol

2. wifi symbol is missing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi symbol is missing after update: After updating to windows 11 from windows 10, wifi symbol is missing and background intellignt service is not starting. Troubleshooting is not working for network and BITS. I have also tried sfc scan and dism command, these commands found some corrupt files but unable to fix...
  3. Alias symbol on Desktop Changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alias symbol on Desktop Changing: Hello:On my desktop, I have a variety of aliases for applications on my computer generated by Steam as part of the install process. Normally, I see the arrow symbol on the alias to indicate that it is an alias.However, I keep seeing that the alias symbol will change on some...
  4. Alias symbol on Desktop Changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alias symbol on Desktop Changing: Hello:On my desktop, I have a variety of aliases for applications on my computer generated by Steam as part of the install process. Normally, I see the arrow symbol on the alias to indicate that it is an alias.However, I keep seeing that the alias symbol will change on some...
  5. Desktop is full of symbols and not in text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop is full of symbols and not in text: I have my desktop and all my notes/word etc are in symbols . how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-is-full-of-symbols-and-not-in-text/be15cbf8-cb81-4e96-a747-1876c55ccbf1
  6. Missing symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing symbols: How to fix this? N37� 56' 12.12",E23� 56' ^ ^ Or this? N37? 56' 12.12",E23? 56' 40.20" Or this? 182295
  7. Windows system ui symbols / icons missing

Windows system ui symbols / icons missing: Since a few days ago some of my system icons are missing. I think i happened after insalling some new fonts but i'm not entirely sure. I've tried to do a system scan an repair without any results. I've also copied the entire font folder from another machine and installed...
  8. Problem with a missing symbols

Problem with a missing symbols: [ATTACH] How can I restore those symbols? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-a-missing-symbols/137a33e1-32e5-4878-bc70-eb0219ee280c
  9. Desktop symbol placement

Desktop symbol placement: I WANT TO PLace symbols in a certain pattern that is prevented by predetermined lines. How do I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-symbol-placement/3cf4e89c-3238-44f7-af2b-c179c09aae1f
  10. missing media keys symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    missing media keys symbols: please assist how to resolve the issue . the media symbol keys sare not showing as seen on screen. Thanks, [img] 52380