Windows 10: Missing "device" type" under Printer properties/Device settings Windows 10

Discus and support Missing "device" type" under Printer properties/Device settings Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 up to date. Problem is no ability to change Device type under the above tabs. There should be an option to change it, I am told to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ValerieAddyAp, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Missing "device" type" under Printer properties/Device settings Windows 10

I have Windows 10 up to date. Problem is no ability to change Device type under the above tabs.

There should be an option to change it, I am told to make sure it recognises my printer as COLOUR.

:)

ValerieAddyAp, Nov 16, 2020

2. windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Although I appreciate your offer for suggestions as you can see by the post dates, this thread is a bit long in the tooth. The issue was resolved with one of the updated builds of windows 10. Although in my opinion it's still not as fast as Windows 7, it's nowhere near as slow as it was in summer 2016 when I posted this issue.

Thread issue resolved

jboydgolfer, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Sam56 Win User

Missing "device" type" under Printer properties/Device settings Windows 10

Devices and Printers Icons missing following update to Windows 10

I'm posting this in case it helps others encountering the same problem. I spent three or four days on this without success. Google searches on this forum and generally on the web and Microsoft came up with no working solution - although it appears to be a problem that has afflicted Windows 7 and Windows 8 users too. I finally solved the problem by comparing the services list of the PC with the problem to that of a PC that did not have the problem.

I updated three Windows 8.1 PCs to Windows 10. All updates went fine but one PC had an annoying problem that (finally) I have now solved. This was a brand new Lenovo PC out of the box with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. My first step was to run the free upgrade to Windows 10. This appeared to work fine with one (at least so far) problem - all the following are related:
    1. In Printers and Devices (in the control panel) no icons for printers appeared after I installed them. The default printers like fax or PDF printer (pre-installed) did appear but a directly connected printer, a wireless printer and network printers did not appear after they were installed following the Windows 10 upgrade. However the printers did appear in Device Manager and in the print menus for programs (e.g. MS Word). And printing worked as normal. Uninstalling and reinstalling printers did not work. Nor did changing drivers (through Windows). These were all Windows 10 "approved" drivers in any case (and Windows would tell me the best driver was already installed).
    2. Trying to uninstall one of the printers that did appear (by right-click on the icon) would not work. The printer and the icon were unchanged. (I tried this because one forum thread I found suggested that a particular PDF printer driver "broke" Devices & Printers. Nonsense.)
    3. After a couple of days I spotted that the safely eject USB stick icon did not work properly. When a USB stick was inserted the safely eject icon would appear in the tray but either the device did not show or it was greyed out. The only way to eject was to use the right-click context menu from Windows explorer for the USB drive letter.

Solution
    The problem turned out to be a Device service not running.

• Right-click on "This PC" and pick "Manage" to open Computer Management. (I am using Classic Shell for a start menu so how you get to Computer Management may be different - you could try search from the start menu to get a link to open the console).
    • Open "Services" (under Services and Applications). In the main window of services scroll down until...
    • You should find five "Device" services: "Device Association Service", "Device Install Service", "Device Management Enrollment Service", "Device Setup Manager" and "DevQuery Background Discovery Broker". The first, third, fourth and fifth should have a startup type of "Manual (Trigger Start)". "Device Management Enrollment Service" is just "Manual".
    • On the problem machine the "Device Install Service" was shown as disabled. I set this to "Manual (Trigger Start)" (from the properties). (I have been typing so long now that I forget whether it was this or one of the others that was disabled - pretty certain it was this. In any case enable manual start for all of them and make sure none are disabled.)
    • After checking and (if necessary) changing the service startups, reboot the machine.

Now check the Devices and Printers folder: all the missing printer icons should appear. I found that there were other things missing too that now appeared - e.g. a network NAS drive appeared that I had not realised was missing.

Plug in a USB stick. You should find that now the eject device safely icon appears correctly in the system tray with the USB device and drive letter and clicking eject works as it should.

I hope this helps anyone else who experiences the same frustrating bug.

Sam56, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Missing "device" type" under Printer properties/Device settings Windows 10

1. Missing "device" type" under Printer properties/Device settings Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Missing device type

2. USB device not shown in Device and dives under This PC , Shown in Device and printers but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not shown in Device and dives under This PC , Shown in Device and printers but...: When i connect the USB drive to the USB port the details of USB not shown in the File explore or in 'This PC', but it is shown in Device and printers But cannot get access to the files inside the USBneed a help to recover the files inside USB...
  3. USB device not shown in Device and dives under This PC , Shown in Device and printers but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not shown in Device and dives under This PC , Shown in Device and printers but...: When i connect the USB drive to the USB port the details of USB not shown in the File explore or in 'This PC', but it is shown in Device and printers But cannot get access to the files inside the USBneed a help to recover the files inside USB...
  4. USB device not shown in Device and dives under This PC , Shown in Device and printers but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 v20H2 USB Printer can't appear under Devices and Printers

Windows 10 v20H2 USB Printer can't appear under Devices and Printers: My computer is Windows 10 20H2, when I install Epson LQ310 printer using setup.exe file, the printer not appear, then I try install Canon G2010, but same problem. I find the EPSON LQ310 and Canon G2010 both printer is merge with my CPU device. But if the both printer is...
  6. replicating TV devices in "Settings" and "Devices and Printers"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    replicating TV devices in "Settings" and "Devices and Printers": [ATTACH] Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other Devices I am getting replicating TV devices both TVs are TCL Smart TVs after removing the duplicates, they comes back is this behavior normal? how should I fix it?...
  7. windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices

windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices: Ok here is my problem. Windows 10 sees my Dell 7130CDN printer as an unspecified device. Under the unspecified device it says there are no drivers for this device. It won't let me install drivers for this unspecified device. When I go to device manager it is not seen as a...
  8. No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer: Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't working? Microsoft did a complete update recently and fouled up many settings..... ***Modified title from: Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is...
  9. Windows 10 - Recording Devices setting missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Recording Devices setting missing.: Greetings, I was looking for the volume input control for my recently added microphone and realised (after some searching online) that I no longer have the Recording Devices option when right-clicking my volume icon. Nor do I find it anywhere else. I have uninstalled and...
  10. Missing Devices & Printers

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Devices & Printers: Most of my devices and printers have disappeared from the Devices & Printer page. Any ideas? 43334