Windows 10: Missing Display Adapter

Discus and support Missing Display Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the recent commulative windows update, my Acer Aspire laptop cant project another screen. I already added the legacy hardware for display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ramjen19, Oct 16, 2019.

1. ramjen19 Win User

Missing Display Adapter

After the recent commulative windows update, my Acer Aspire laptop cant project another screen. I already added the legacy hardware for display adapter. What should i do?

:)

ramjen19, Oct 16, 2019

2. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Missing Display Adapter

Microsoft Display Adapter not getting connected to PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can find the adapter in Device Manager.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and then click on Device Manager.

2. From the list of Hardware, find the Microsoft Display Adapter and check if you can find the device in question.

I would also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the first link and check if it helps.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Missing Display Adapter

1. Missing Display Adapter - Similar Threads - Missing Display Adapter

2. display adapter missing after WIN10 2H22 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display adapter missing after WIN10 2H22 update: Hello,I have a Razer Blade 15 2018 Advance model laptop with dual display adapters, an intel and nvidia. After a Win11 update last week my pc stopped recognizing the nvidia gpu. I tried updating the driver but the nvidia software kept telling me it couldnt find any compatible...
  3. display adapter missing after WIN10 2H22 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display adapter missing after WIN10 2H22 update: Hello,I have a Razer Blade 15 2018 Advance model laptop with dual display adapters, an intel and nvidia. After a Win11 update last week my pc stopped recognizing the nvidia gpu. I tried updating the driver but the nvidia software kept telling me it couldnt find any compatible...
  4. display adapter missing after WIN10 2H22 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Adapter: So I wanted to update my Display Adapter and it had a yellow icon on the side so I went to google and searched it, and it was said that I had to uninstall the driver and reset the PC so it would download itself again. After It turned on the display adapter wasn't there...
  6. Display Adapter

Display Adapter: I have an Asus Tuf A15 laptop specs are below. This thing won't connect to my MS Wireless Display Adapter. I have two other laptops in the house, the Asus Expert book and the Lenovo ThinkPad X1. Both of these connect to the wireless display seamlessly. I have followed the...
  7. Display Adapter.

Display Adapter.: How do i redownload my Display Adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-adapter/7290058f-70a0-4315-b4a5-633dc6cb4e62
  8. display adapter missing

display adapter missing: hi, I have an Omen by HP -15-dc0107tx and after i restarted the laptop it went into recovery mode, i ran the troubleshoot and then when it restarted i could not see my nvidea control panel. so i opened the device manager and there was no display adapter setting. the dropdown...
  9. msi ge63vr display adapter missing of nvidia

msi ge63vr display adapter missing of nvidia: what the problem of display adapter not showing nvidia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-ge63vr-display-adapter-missing-of-nvidia/68115535-993e-4bbd-9680-14fd139157eb
  10. Microsoft basic display adapter missing / No brightness slider

Microsoft basic display adapter missing / No brightness slider: Hi, I bought a desktop computer with a MSI monitor a week ago and I realized that the Basic Display Adapter does not appear in the device manager, instead I only have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080. I might be wrong but I think that is the reason why the brightness slider is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing display adaptor