Windows 10: Missing dll file when installing program

Discus and support Missing dll file when installing program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried to install a copy of epubor ultimate converter and when I go to run it it tells me that msvcr120.dll is missing. Do I just get hold of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Woodnome, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Woodnome Win User

Missing dll file when installing program

I have tried to install a copy of epubor ultimate converter and when I go to run it it tells me that msvcr120.dll is missing.

Do I just get hold of the same file from a similar machine and install it ?

Some tutorials I have seen refer to installing it in System32 folder. As my Win10 is 64 bit should I install it in SysWOW64 folder or am I doing the wrong thing altogether ?

Any help is appreciated *092

:)

Woodnome, Aug 13, 2019

2. Missing .dll file .

Hi,

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if it helps resolve the issue.

• Uninstall all those apps (using revo uninstaller) which are giving you msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll files missing error
    • Open the link below
    Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

And download and install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.

3. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 64bit.

4. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 32bit.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll

Hi Kathleen,

The "Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll" error may have been caused by system file corruption. There might be missing files or documents. This error usually occurs when launching apps or installing Office. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting the error when launching apps? If so, what apps are you having issues with?

In the meantime, if you're having issues in launching apps, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it. To uninstall an application that's downloaded from Windows Store, kindly refer to the steps provided on this
    link. Click on the drop-down menu and choose
    "Remove in Settings". On the other hand, to uninstall a program that's not downloaded in Windows Store, please refer to these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
    • Click the program that you want to uninstall.
    • Click Uninstall.

To reinstall apps from Windows Store, perform the following steps:

• From the Start menu, type Store and press
      Enter
    • On the search bar, type in the name of the app that you want to reinstall and press
      Enter.
    • Click Free or Buy and wait for the program to install.

If the program is not downloaded from Windows Store, we recommend checking the software developer's website to download it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

.DLL file

Hi Jerry,

Specific programs use DLL files to function properly in a Windows environment. If the DLL file gets misplaced, deleted, or corrupted, the error "____.dll is missing" appears. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide
    the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening, like installing or uninstalling a program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you disable your Startup programs to isolate the cause of the error. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Click More details.
    • Go to the Startup tab.
    • Right-click every listed program and choose Disable.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
    • If the error disappears, enable one of the programs and restart your computer to check if the error reappears; this is to pinpoint exactly which program is causing the error. Do this for all Startup programs until you find the cause.
    • Once you've found the program that's causing the error, you can then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Missing dll file when installing program - Similar Threads - Missing dll file

2. Missing DLL file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing DLL file: Hey there, I recently tried opening some apps on my computer only to get some errors telling me to install mscoree.dll. I've done some searching only to find myself being discouraged from downloading any online. I've tried looking through my recycle bin and even file recovery...
  3. Where to install a missing .dll file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where to install a missing .dll file?: I'm trying to install some old software that has vital info on it from an old program Corel friends & family 21 years of reminders and that has current doctor appointments etc on it.I tried installing it in compatibility mode closest to the date of publishing win96But keep...
  4. Where to install a missing .dll file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to install a missing .dll file?: I'm trying to install some old software that has vital info on it from an old program Corel friends & family 21 years of reminders and that has current doctor appointments etc on it.I tried installing it in compatibility mode closest to the date of publishing win96But keep...
  5. Where to install a missing .dll file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to install programs due to VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install programs due to VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing: Having problem installing Origin after a ”clean” re-install of Win10. Same problem on two laptops. I have tried install the x64 file from link below without success. Anyone that can help me with this issue?...
  7. Unable to install programs due to VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing?

Unable to install programs due to VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing?: Hi, having issues with missing dll files when trying to install Origin client on windows 10. Have tried reinstalling visuall c++ redistributable, but no luck. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thanks...
  8. Missing .dll Files when attempting to install game client

Missing .dll Files when attempting to install game client: I am receiving two errors: VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found, and MSVCP140.dll was not found. I am attempting to install the Origin game launcher, and it will not begin and giving me these errors. I have already attemped to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable...
  9. Missing dll file when installing program

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing dll file when installing program: I have tried to install a copy of epubor ultimate converter and when I go to run it it tells me that msvcr120.dll is missing. Do I just get hold of the same file from a similar machine and install it ? Some tutorials I have seen refer to installing it in System32 folder. As...
  10. Missing DLL File

Missing DLL File: Cannot figure out just where or why this error is happening. I replaced my printer which was a HP 6700. I used the control panel and removed it from devices and printers. I then installed the new one which is a HP 7610. It is working fine. But everytime I start the system...