Windows 10: Missing dll files after clean windows re-install?

Discus and support Missing dll files after clean windows re-install? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I completely wiped my ssd that windows was on with a secure erase in samsung's magician software. After wiping the drive I went into bios and booted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JacobCharles, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Missing dll files after clean windows re-install?

I completely wiped my ssd that windows was on with a secure erase in samsung's magician software. After wiping the drive I went into bios and booted to a FAT32 flash drive that i had windows saved on. I installed windows from that flash drive, updated windows and all drivers and everything seemed to go perfectly until i went to launch my first game. It said both of these files are missing:

MSVCP140.DLL

VCRUNTIME140.DLL

My understanding of these files is that they are part of the VisualC++ package available directly from microsoft.

My question is: Is it normal to be missing these files after a clean re-install? I feel as though these files should already be present after the install and/or the windows updates that I did.

I'm on windows 10 home 64 bit build:19041:329

:)

JacobCharles, Jun 14, 2020

2. Missing .dll file .

Hi,

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if it helps resolve the issue.

• Uninstall all those apps (using revo uninstaller) which are giving you msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll files missing error
    • Open the link below
    Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

And download and install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.

3. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 64bit.

4. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 32bit.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 14, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Missing dll files after clean windows re-install?

WinRing0.dll missing. Installing realtemp issue?

Hi Shane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You may get WinRing0.dll error message when you are trying to run or install some applications. This kind of error can happen when Windows or software starts or shuts down, or maybe when you are using the computer or software.

WinRing0.dll error may be caused by the following situations:

• WinRing0.dll file may be mistakenly deleted by someone, computer antivirus or system cleaning tools.
    • WinRing0.dll file is corrupted or damaged by virus infections.
    • Some applications were installed or uninstalled improperly.
    • The configuration entries of WinRing0.dll file is still active in the systemregistry.
    • There may be something wrong with your computer hardware.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to repair the WinRing0.dll files on your system:

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest Windows updates and check if it helps.

Step 2: Run SFC Scan.

What is SFC (System File Checker)?

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the steps given in the below article to perform SFC scan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Step 3: I would suggest you to run
    Microsoft Safety Scanner
    which will help you to remove virus from your system.

Microsoft Safety Scanner removes virus or malware which is present in your system and might be causing harm to your system.

To run Microsoft Safety scanner follow the below link:

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Missing dll files after clean windows re-install?

1. Missing dll files after clean windows re-install? - Similar Threads - Missing dll files

2. Where to install a missing .dll file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where to install a missing .dll file?: I'm trying to install some old software that has vital info on it from an old program Corel friends & family 21 years of reminders and that has current doctor appointments etc on it.I tried installing it in compatibility mode closest to the date of publishing win96But keep...
  3. Where to install a missing .dll file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to install a missing .dll file?: I'm trying to install some old software that has vital info on it from an old program Corel friends & family 21 years of reminders and that has current doctor appointments etc on it.I tried installing it in compatibility mode closest to the date of publishing win96But keep...
  4. why am i missing dll files after clean re-install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why am i missing dll files after clean re-install?: I completely wiped my ssd that windows was on with a secure erase in samsung's magician software. After wiping the drive I went into bios and booted to a FAT32 flash drive that i had windows saved on. I installed windows from that flash drive, updated windows and all drivers...
  5. Help! Dll files missing on clean new installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Dll files missing on clean new installation of windows 10: I installed windows 10 on a brand new ssd and it appeared to be fully working until I realized it’s missing dll files. Help idk what to do submitted by /u/D1N4D4N [link] [comments]...
  6. dll problem after clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    dll problem after clean install: I have just carried out a clean reinstall of windows 10 - latest version as downloaded as part of reinstall. So far no problems other than a message on boot up saying there is a problem with TVicport.dll and suggesting I reinstall it. How do I reinstall/install DLL files?...
  7. dll problem after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dll problem after clean install: I have just carried out a clean reinstall of windows 10 - latest version as downloaded as part of reinstall. So far no problems other than a message on boot up saying there is a problem with TVicport.dll and suggesting I reinstall it. How do I reinstall/install DLL files?...
  8. Re-Downloading Windows 10 (DLL files missing)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-Downloading Windows 10 (DLL files missing): Hi, I am using a PC that runs windows 10. My pc was getting slower so I reseted my pc using Settings > Update and Security > Recovery. SThe problem is that some of the DLL files got deleted in the process because I can't launch any of my games(All of them are purchased...
  9. BSOD after clean re-install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after clean re-install: So I installed an SSD hard drive on my laptop a few months ago and have been running into a BSOD issue ever since. The error code I get on the BSOD is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I have hopefully uploaded the info that will resolve this problem Here is the OneDrive link to...
  10. after clean re-installation of windows..

in Windows 10 Support
    after clean re-installation of windows..: After clean re-installation of windows. is AV and internet security the first thing I should install before connecting to the internet? 90660