Windows 10: missing dll files when trying to run games

Discus and support missing dll files when trying to run games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; missing dll files when trying to run gamesi recently installed windows 10 on a fresh computer but when i tried to run any of the games i downloaded i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kunalvaishnav, Jun 16, 2021.

1. missing dll files when trying to run games

missing dll files when trying to run gamesi recently installed windows 10 on a fresh computer but when i tried to run any of the games i downloaded i got errors even i reinstall directx runtime and c++1. steam_api.dll missing2. fmodex.dll missing3. fmod_event.dll missing4. cudart.dll missingsomeone please help me !

:)

kunalvaishnav, Jun 16, 2021
  2. foxycool Win User

missing dll files when trying to run games

i recently installed windows 10 on a fresh computer but when i tried to run any of the games i downloaded i got three errors

1. d3dx9_43.dll missing

2. MSVCP100.dll missing

3. MSVCR100.dll missing

someone please help me !

foxycool, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error missing .dll files when trying to run Smite

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In understand that you get error with .dll files missing when you try to run Smite on your computer.

The error message that you are getting are related to DirectX. DirectX 12 and 11.3 are included with Windows 10. I would suggest you to try updating DirectX from the installer

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
    and see if that helps.

You may also want to update the Display drivers and see if that helps. To update the Display Drivers, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Driver

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

One more method I would suggest you is to check for any DirectX installation file included with the game. You may want to install the version of DirectX provided along with the game and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 16, 2021
  4. missing dll files when trying to run games

Games not working dll missing error

Hi Javan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which game are you trying to play?

• Were you able to play this game before?

• Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
    This might occur when some of the DLL file is missing from the application.

I suggest you to Uninstall the game and try installing it again and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

missing dll files when trying to run games

1. missing dll files when trying to run games - Similar Threads - missing dll files

2. Keep getting a missing dll error when trying to run some programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting a missing dll error when trying to run some programs.: I have been getting this 2 error mesages when trying to run certain programs on my laptop for some time ago, which mention that the dll isnt designed to run on windows. These are the 2 pop ups in question: Link...
  3. Keep getting a missing dll error when trying to run some programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting a missing dll error when trying to run some programs.: I have been getting this 2 error mesages when trying to run certain programs on my laptop for some time ago, which mention that the dll isnt designed to run on windows. These are the 2 pop ups in question: Link...
  4. Keep getting a missing dll error when trying to run some programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Missing DLL file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing DLL file: Hey there, I recently tried opening some apps on my computer only to get some errors telling me to install mscoree.dll. I've done some searching only to find myself being discouraged from downloading any online. I've tried looking through my recycle bin and even file recovery...
  6. Missing .dll file for game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing .dll file for game: Greetings, When I try to launch a game I get the error message: "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_43.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this." I have so far done a complete reinstall of Windows twice, updated windows and drivers,...
  7. Missing .dll Files when attempting to install game client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing .dll Files when attempting to install game client: I am receiving two errors: VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found, and MSVCP140.dll was not found. I am attempting to install the Origin game launcher, and it will not begin and giving me these errors. I have already attemped to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable...
  8. Error missing .dll files when trying to run Smite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error missing .dll files when trying to run Smite: I've recently downloaded a game (Smite) from both Steam and from the developer directly. Both times I'm met with messages telling me I'm missing: XINPUT1_3.dll , D3DCOMPILIER_43.dll , d3dx9_43.dll and d3dx11_43.dll . I've made sure that I'm running DirectX 12 on Windows 10...
  9. missing dll files when trying to run games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    missing dll files when trying to run games: i recently installed windows 10 on a fresh computer but when i tried to run any of the games i downloaded i got three errors 1. d3dx9_43.dll missing 2. MSVCP100.dll missing 3. MSVCR100.dll missing someone please help me !...
  10. Missing DLL File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing DLL File: Cannot figure out just where or why this error is happening. I replaced my printer which was a HP 6700. I used the control panel and removed it from devices and printers. I then installed the new one which is a HP 7610. It is working fine. But everytime I start the system...