Windows 10: Missing DLLs

Discus and support Missing DLLs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a new Windows 10 Pro version 1909 workstation on which I am installing an executable app from my laptop. The app is built with Visual Studio 15.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidMortara, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Missing DLLs

I have a new Windows 10 Pro version 1909 workstation on which I am installing an executable app from my laptop. The app is built with Visual Studio 15. The app does not start correctly, declaring error 0xc0150002 I have traced this fault, using dependency walker, to missing DLLs, too numerous to detail. This result was unexpected since the app works properly on a similar workstation with Windows 10 Pro for workstations version 1803. I have verified that files are not corrupted on the new workstation using sfc/scannow. I have installed and run vcredist_x86 with the expectation that the missing DLLs might be installed. This did not solve the problem. I also copied files from my laptop in C:\Program Files x86\Windows Kits\10\Redist\ucrt\DLLs\x86 which reduced but did not resolve the missing DLLs. Still missing are MSVCR800.DLL, MSVCP80.DLL, MFC80.DLL, and API-MS-WIN-CORE-RTLSUPPORT-L1-2-0.DLL. These files are flagged in the dependency walker tree. Additional modules are listed as not found starting with API-MS-WIN-APPMODEL-RUNTIME-L1-1-0.DLL plus many others. Where do I turn? Something is clearly missing in the later version of Windows 10. I prefer not to start experimenting with changes to the app build to resolve the problem.

:)

DavidMortara, Jul 15, 2020
  2. b1rd Win User

DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

Missing DLLs [​IMG]

3. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Missing DLLs

dll missing

Hi Peter,

One of the reasons that may cause the missing DLL error are the files that was deleted due to a recent change on your device. For us to identify the root cause, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• When are you getting this error?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you run the SFC scan tool found on this
    link
    as an initial step to replace missing DLL on your device.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Missing DLLs

1. Missing DLLs - Similar Threads - Missing DLLs

2. bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...: Good day, expert in the house,. My system first displayed blue screen error which read your system ran into a problem and needs to restart. After sometime, it says bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command which I don't...
  3. VCLIB dlls missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VCLIB dlls missing: Hi,For the last 90 days, after a W10 update, it appeared 4 dlls caused an issue in the VCLibs directory. These 4 dll files preclude from opening apps iTunes as an example.I uninstalled the C++ redistributables and retrieved fresh installers, W11 update afterward. Not...
  4. VCLIB dlls missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VCLIB dlls missing: Hi,For the last 90 days, after a W10 update, it appeared 4 dlls caused an issue in the VCLibs directory. These 4 dll files preclude from opening apps iTunes as an example.I uninstalled the C++ redistributables and retrieved fresh installers, W11 update afterward. Not...
  5. VCLIB dlls missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How can I restore missing DLLs / fix windows update failing to retrieve updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I restore missing DLLs / fix windows update failing to retrieve updates: I'm working with windows 10 on a laptop I've had for several years. For the better part of a year now, I've been struggling to get several windows updates to download to my computer. The updates that are failing to come through are:As in the image, these seem to be stuck at...
  7. Missing DLL error for unneeded DLLS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing DLL error for unneeded DLLS: Hi, please excuse me as this is my first time posting. I've been having this problem for months on Windows 10 where every time I boot up my laptop I get 2 missing DLL errors. I deleted two DLLs a while back that I found to be potentially harmful since I noticed they didn't...
  8. Missing api-ms-win-core DLLs - OFF Network Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing api-ms-win-core DLLs - OFF Network Machine: Hello, I am building an off-network test station that will run Windows 10. However, the software it'll be running needs the api-ms-win-core DLLs there was a very long list and they are showing as "missing." Because I cannot plug this up to the internet and do a Windows...
  9. DISM complains about 2 DLLs missing in log, log file attached

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM complains about 2 DLLs missing in log, log file attached: Windows 10 1909 x64, build 18363.900. I used the script here: Batch Scripts / Programs. ---------------------------------------------------- It's the script: Find_ANY_DISM_Log_Errors_ALL.bat ---------------------------------------------------- To check for DISM...
  10. Missing Shared DLLs

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Shared DLLs: Long story short, new Windows 10 Desktop PC first time to boot up and accepted all the defaults. Problem was an installed free 30 day AV was only partially configured and in 48 hours I'd been infested with quite a host off unwanted things. Everything cleaned up, new AV...