Windows 10: Missing Doc, Music & Pictures folders from start menu

Discus and support Missing Doc, Music & Pictures folders from start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently noticed that The subject folders are now missing from my start menu list but are still displayed and shown as tiles in the start menu. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Oh Pop, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Oh Pop Win User

Missing Doc, Music & Pictures folders from start menu

I recently noticed that The subject folders are now missing from my start menu list but are still displayed and shown as tiles in the start menu. I'm running Windows 10 with all the latest updates installed. All the subject folders are listed as "ON" in the Start settings. I've tried everything and can't get the folders to show in the start menu list. Any help provided would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Oh Pop, Feb 2, 2020
  2. MIKE A Win User

Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.

Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 yesterday [free update]. Checked my Docs containing my phot folders. Last one being Plant Pathology. Folder is missing. It's taken me months building this folder.
    In the Start area, I recognized one of the missing pics, displayed as a tile. Did something that removed the tile and listed, 'photos' in the margin. Clicking on this, the screen opens up showing my lost pictures but in reverse order. Also a vast number of other pictures that are saved in My Docs, but individual folders.

HELP PLEASE. Can I take whatever steps to restore my folders to My Doc's and at the same time prevent windows from ever again making collections.
    Many thanks.
    Mike.

MIKE A, Feb 2, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Feb 2, 2020
  4. ercousin Win User

Seeing two "Music" folders in This PC menu, "Pictures" missing

I was trying to move my Pictures/Music/Documents/Desktop off my SSD onto my 3TB, but I messed something up.

Somehow I changed the name of the Pictures folder to Music, and changed the link to point to music, but it still has the Pictures icon. I restored them all to the default location now, and have restarted several times, but hasn't been fixed. You can see in my screenshots that I do still have a Pictures folder in Users\ericc, but it's not being picked up by the This PC menu.

Is there a registry setting somewhere I can fix this with?

Showing the duplicate menu entry

Missing Doc, Music & Pictures folders from start menu [​IMG]

Showing the Pictures folder IS there

Showing current registry settings in: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

ercousin, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Missing Doc, Music & Pictures folders from start menu - Similar Threads - Missing Doc Music

2. My Music Folder is in Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Music Folder is in Pictures: All of my music on my Windows 10 Professional computer is in my Pictures folder. If I go to c:/users/my profile I do not see a folder for Music. Is that correct? I would like the folder for music to be separate but I don't know how to do that without causing issues....
  3. Missing folders in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing folders in start menu: My start menu does not show 4 of 5 windows folders that appear in my Start11 menu. Windows Accessories, Windows PowerShell, Windows System, and Windows Tools are all missing from the All Apps list in the Windows 11 Start Menu. Only Windows Ease of Access Appears. All 5 of...
  4. Missing folders in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing folders in start menu: My start menu does not show 4 of 5 windows folders that appear in my Start11 menu. Windows Accessories, Windows PowerShell, Windows System, and Windows Tools are all missing from the All Apps list in the Windows 11 Start Menu. Only Windows Ease of Access Appears. All 5 of...
  5. Music and Pictures folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music and Pictures folder issue: Hello. My HDD with my files was dying, so I got a new drive. I had changed the location in properties from my C drive to the now drive before. I copy and pasted all my music, photos, and documents to the new drive. I then removed the old drive, and changed the drive letter of...
  6. Rename music/pictures folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rename music/pictures folder: [ATTACH] hi somehow my music folder on my computer got renamed to 'Pictures' and i cant seem to change the name to Music without also having the actual Pictures folder renamed to Music, resulting in two different folders with the same archives, if that makes any sense. ill...
  7. Accessing Folders from Run Menu (Documents/Downloads/Pictures/Music)

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Folders from Run Menu (Documents/Downloads/Pictures/Music): Awhile ago, I relocated my folders from my C:\ Drive to my D:\ drive. The way I'd been accessing them now is through Windows Explorer. I'd recently discovered that when using the Run Menu to access these folders, it opens up a session of Windows Explorer to the old location....
  8. Start Menu Music Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Music Folder: This video demonstrates how you can create an expandable Music folder in your Windows 10 Start Menu. You'll need to be signed on as Administrator and show 'Hidden files, folders and drives'. Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives - Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums...
  9. Seeing two "Music" folders in This PC menu, "Pictures" missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Seeing two "Music" folders in This PC menu, "Pictures" missing: I was trying to move my Pictures/Music/Documents/Desktop off my SSD onto my 3TB, but I messed something up. Somehow I changed the name of the Pictures folder to Music, and changed the link to point to music, but it still has the Pictures icon. I restored them all to the...
  10. Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.

in Windows 10 Support
    Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.: Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 yesterday [free update]. Checked my Docs containing my phot folders. Last one being Plant Pathology. Folder is missing. It's taken me months building this folder. In the Start area, I recognized one of the missing pics, displayed as a tile. Did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pictures folder missing in windows 10