Windows 10: Missing documents

Discus and support Missing documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My documents and files are disappearing from my computer. When I go to one drive I have some of them but not all of them. Why are things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarlaWolf, May 10, 2021.

1. CarlaWolf Win User

Missing documents

My documents and files are disappearing from my computer. When I go to one drive I have some of them but not all of them. Why are things disappearing.For example: I have the H&R Block Program. I saved files through this program and when I looked at it today there are no files. They have all be uploaded and accepted but the program indicates that I have no returns. I have found 2 or the 6 files in One drive but have no idea where the others have went.How can I keep things in My Documents on my computerThanks

:)

CarlaWolf, May 10, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 10, 2021
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 10, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

Missing documents

documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Missing documents

1. Missing documents - Similar Threads - Missing documents

2. Missing 'My Documents' Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing 'My Documents' Folder: I recently discovered that my 'My Documents' folder is gone from my Windows 10 PC. I believe it happened after one of the Windows updates.I contacted MicroSoft and we worked for two hours, but with no luck. We did a system restore to an earlier date, but still not luck. My...
  3. "LOCATION" is missing from all personal folders including Video, Music, Photo, Documents...

"LOCATION" is missing from all personal folders including Video, Music, Photo, Documents...: "LOCATION" is missing from all personal folders including Video, Music, Photo, Documents and Downloads. I know there are several responses to this but I find it hard to follow them. I am on Windows 10, latest update. I have been trying to change the default location for the...
  4. Missing a personal folder in my documents and I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing a personal folder in my documents and I've tried everything: submitted by /u/koloniavenus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqldfs/missing_a_personal_folder_in_my_documents_and_ive/
  5. Windows 10 Quick Access Documents missing

Windows 10 Quick Access Documents missing: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Workgroup Windows Explorer left side Quick Access does not show Documents the folder that can be redirected or desktop We like to redirect to documents, desktop downloads in one Drive business Have followed...
  6. Missing New Document and New Folder from Rick Click Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing New Document and New Folder from Rick Click Menu: Hi Running Window 10 - Office 365 Have lost the ability to Create a New Folder from right click and also from left hand top shortcut and have just noticed also the loss of New Document Icon in the menu. Windows 10 Version 2004 19041.746 Appreciate assistance getting...
  7. File missing all the words in the document

File missing all the words in the document: ok, I got maybe a unique one for you all... today I turned on a laptop I have not turned on in over a year. i needed a document i had saved on it and was able to access it. I changed one line in the document hit the save icon and was about to send it to myself in email...
  8. Documents Folder is missing in C drive.

Documents Folder is missing in C drive.: I've been trying to install some mods onto a game on my laptop all day to no avail. I realized that my documents folder isn't in my c drive and I have tried registry, and copy and paste the folder in and nothing works. I haven't backed up my laptop before, so that isn't an...
  9. I am missing many icons in the task bar of my Microsoft document on my new Samsung Tablet 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am missing many icons in the task bar of my Microsoft document on my new Samsung Tablet 5: I don't have many of the icons on my new Samsung Tablet 5 that exist on my regular laptop. I can't find the ruler, design tab and many others. Also, suddenly my documents all run off the edge of the right side of the page. Can't seem to get it to stop!...
  10. Office Documents Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office Documents Icons Missing: I am running Win 10 19042.630 and for the last few months the icons for documents that are opened using Office such as docx, xlsx, pptx, etc. all just have a generic icon - used to be that they would have a Word or Excel etc. icon and then a few years back they switched to a...