Windows 10: Missing download directory

Discus and support Missing download directory in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When attempting to download programs Edge, Office, etc I get the message ...can’t access download directory... And when I try to Restore/Reset windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnthonyBush1, May 16, 2020.

1. Missing download directory

When attempting to download programs Edge, Office, etc I get the message ...can’t access download directory...
    And when I try to Restore/Reset windows 10 I can’t complete the process.

:)

AnthonyBush1, May 16, 2020

2. Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, May 16, 2020
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, May 16, 2020
  4. Missing download directory

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.4

Change Log v1.4
    • New button icons!. - Thanks Drone
    • New Refresh button.
    Download here!

Main Screen - New Screen!

Missing download directory Main.jpg

Mindweaver, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Missing download directory

1. Missing download directory - Similar Threads - Missing download directory

2. How to select a Bluetooth download directory??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to select a Bluetooth download directory??: The almighty w10 buried some pictures i sent from my phone via Bluetooth ( I expected that after the latest W10 update) , it pointed to my user directory, but there was no such pictures there..it's been a thorn on my side ever since I had no choice to select a Bluetooth...
  3. Missing Download folder

Missing Download folder: Just upgraded to a new PC. SSD for OS and programs and D drive for storage. My user folders were on the C drive so have successfully relocated these to D drive. However somewhere my Download folder has disappeared. I have tried all methods to search and restore that I have...
  4. Download Folder Missing

Download Folder Missing: My Downloads Folder and all its contents dissappeared. I did not delete it at all, but i press CTRL + J and it tells me all the data is deleted. My virus protection is up to date and not saying thereis an issue, it alot of data i need. Please help !!...
  5. Changing Default Program Download Directory

Changing Default Program Download Directory: About a week ago I was researching how to change my default app download directory, because my SSD was getting low on storage, and I had an almost empty hard drive. To complete this task I went into regedit and followed the instructions on a forum to change the directory to a...
  6. quser.exe missing from Windows\system32 directory

quser.exe missing from Windows\system32 directory: Every time I shut down Windows 10 (up to date) 64 a notice is presented that others are using the system. I tried to evoke quser from cmd or PowerShell with resulting not present. Also missing from the C:\Windows\system32 directory. Is this part of a larger issue or where...
  7. missing downloads

missing downloads: After the last update I have an empty download folder which is not good as it contained all my printer updates in it. Is this going to happen every time we get an update....
  8. Missing directories in 2 popular file managers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing directories in 2 popular file managers: Both FreeCommanderXE and MultiCommander fail to show the c:\Program Files (X86) directory. Furthermore, FreeCommanderXE fails to show Users\<username>\Appdata and it's subdirectories. The following screenshot shows this in 3 overlapping windows; Windows Explorer is the top...
  9. missing downloaded program.

in Windows 10 Support
    missing downloaded program.: Hi I have just started using windows 10 on a new PC. I have tried to download an anti virus program. It downloads and installs (well it appears to) but the program is not there when finished. Not in the programs lists or on 'remove programs' either. I cant find any way of...
  10. Alternate Program directory, all programs missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternate Program directory, all programs missing: Hello, I have a multiple SSD/HD setup in my laptop. My main SSD that I use for the system isn't very large, so I use an alternate directory (not C:\Program Files (x86)) on my secondary SSD to install my programs. Things like Intuit Quickbooks, Office, and other 3rd party...