Windows 10: Missing Downloaded Game Controller

Discus and support Missing Downloaded Game Controller in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog flight stick HID-compliant driver doesn't show in Device Manager, so I downloaded one and installed it. It's supposed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 2 Lancet, Mar 18, 2023.

1. 2 Lancet Win User

Missing Downloaded Game Controller

My Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog flight stick HID-compliant driver doesn't show in Device Manager, so I downloaded one and installed it. It's supposed to have installed successfully, but I can't find it in Device Manager, and the flight stick remains inoperable. I've been unable to contact Thrustmaster Support. No one home.

:)

2 Lancet, Mar 18, 2023

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 19, 2023
  4. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

1. Missing Downloaded Game Controller - Similar Threads - Missing Downloaded Game

2. Missing Downloaded Game Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Downloaded Game Controller: My Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog flight stick HID-compliant driver doesn't show in Device Manager, so I downloaded one and installed it. It's supposed to have installed successfully, but I can't find it in Device Manager, and the flight stick remains inoperable. I've been unable...
  3. Missing Downloaded Game Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Downloaded Game Controller: My Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog flight stick HID-compliant driver doesn't show in Device Manager, so I downloaded one and installed it. It's supposed to have installed successfully, but I can't find it in Device Manager, and the flight stick remains inoperable. I've been unable...
  4. Missing sound video and game controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing sound video and game controllers: If I try to install sound, video and game controller, the pc automatically restarts without installing the required driver.What do I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-sound-video-and-game-controllers/48194e94-67f4-41f0-b36d-d7db26f321fd
  5. HID game controller is missing

HID game controller is missing: When I plus my controller in it only shows that it is charging. So then i went to device manager and saw my hid game controller is missing and without that my pc isn't detecting the controller.PLEASE HELP...
  6. HID game controller is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID game controller is missing: When I plus my controller in it only shows that it is charging. So then i went to device manager and saw my hid game controller is missing and without that my pc isn't detecting the controller.PLEASE HELP...
  7. HID game controller is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. HID Compliant Game Controller missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Compliant Game Controller missing: Hello, the HID Compliant Game controller is missing. Im using Windows 11 Pro Versie 10.0.22000 Build 22000. I want to connect a PS4 controller or an Nvidia Shield controller which worked just fine on Windows 10 before.For some reason the HID complaint thing is missing and I...
  9. HID Compliant Game Controller missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID Compliant Game Controller missing: Hello, the HID Compliant Game controller is missing. Im using Windows 11 Pro Versie 10.0.22000 Build 22000. I want to connect a PS4 controller or an Nvidia Shield controller which worked just fine on Windows 10 before.For some reason the HID complaint thing is missing and I...
  10. Sound,video and game controller missing

Sound,video and game controller missing: My windows tell me "There is no audio output device installed" on my sound icon.I checked device manager and the sound,video and game controller isn't there. I recently formatted my computer. It didn't fix this issue.This morning I had audio but when i restarted my laptop it...