Windows 10: Missing Downloaded Word Document

Discus and support Missing Downloaded Word Document in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I downloaded a Word document from BlackBoard as assignment, enabled editing, and spent a few hours working on the document. When I was done I hit save,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lerxis180, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Missing Downloaded Word Document

I downloaded a Word document from BlackBoard as assignment, enabled editing, and spent a few hours working on the document. When I was done I hit save, and a pop-up showed up saying it would update the file to the newest format. Now as I am trying to submit my assignment, I can't find it anywhere on my computer, in downloads, My documents, or in unsaved files. I really need to turn this in ASAP, so is there anyplace else I should look?

submitted by /u/Lerxis180
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lerxis180, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Mar 25, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Missing Downloaded Word Document

microsoft word 2003

In the past year or so I've noticed another quirk where a downloaded Word document or other Office document won't open regardless of the steps I take to open them. After deleting the file and re-downloading the document it opens without issue. I've been using Chrome almost exclusively so I'm not sure if I've experienced this with Explorer or Firefox. So one last step to try might be to obtain another copy of your files if they are being generated and fetched externally to your system (ie. try downloading them again as the file might have simply been corrupted).

Beertintedgoggles, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Missing Downloaded Word Document

1. Missing Downloaded Word Document - Similar Threads - Missing Downloaded Word

2. Recovering word document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering word document: [ATTACH]I saved a word document with notes for my dissertation several months ago and have since opened it several times, i would open it by accessing recent world documents as shown below. I am not 100% sure i saved it on to onedrive, however I know it was saved and i could...
  3. Lost Word document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Word document: I spent 3 grueling hours last night working on sections of a report. I know I saved it. Now it's not on the flashdrive and I can't recover it from the computer/word file. I had to upgrade, upload Windows --whatever yesterday. My printer hasn't been working with WORD docs...
  4. Word documents

Word documents: I've lost ALL my word files. Have no idea what I did but it's 4 years of word files. I think it's something simple because that's all that's gone on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-documents/f12daac6-1e0e-4b35-82f2-a9c46d35e7cf
  5. Automatically downloading word documents in order to open them

Automatically downloading word documents in order to open them: I'm a college instructor and grading papers online...in a Moodle platform called AsULearn. When I try to open a student's paper that's been uploaded to a link, it automatically asks me where to download it, rather than allowing me to simply open and read it. Our tech...
  6. Linking documents in word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Linking documents in word: I have used this forum once in the past and was happy with the response and the solution. I am one of those old guys who learns what is necessary to complete the job at hand, no formal training in Word. I am an Access programmer however. I have written some 50 word documents...
  7. Linking documents in word

in Windows 10 Support
    Linking documents in word: I have used this forum once in the past and was happy with the response and the solution. I am one of those old guys who learns what is necessary to complete the job at hand, no formal training in Word. I am an Access programmer however. I have written some 50 word documents...
  8. In Word 2010 document

In Word 2010 document: In Word 2010 I hit control A and then Control V instead of Control C and cannot find document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-word-2010-document/e9ec74b1-ceb4-4660-ab7b-9e4722982eee"
  9. missing words

in Windows 10 Customization
    missing words: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click....
  10. word documents saved as wordpad documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...