Windows 10: Missing Downloaded Word Document

Discus and support Missing Downloaded Word Document in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I downloaded a Word document from BlackBoard as assignment, enabled editing, and spent a few hours working on the document. When I was done I hit save,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lerxis180, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Missing Downloaded Word Document

I downloaded a Word document from BlackBoard as assignment, enabled editing, and spent a few hours working on the document. When I was done I hit save, and a pop-up showed up saying it would update the file to the newest format. Now as I am trying to submit my assignment, I can't find it anywhere on my computer, in downloads, My documents, or in unsaved files. I really need to turn this in ASAP, so is there anyplace else I should look?

submitted by /u/Lerxis180
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lerxis180, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Mar 25, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Missing Downloaded Word Document

microsoft word 2003

In the past year or so I've noticed another quirk where a downloaded Word document or other Office document won't open regardless of the steps I take to open them. After deleting the file and re-downloading the document it opens without issue. I've been using Chrome almost exclusively so I'm not sure if I've experienced this with Explorer or Firefox. So one last step to try might be to obtain another copy of your files if they are being generated and fetched externally to your system (ie. try downloading them again as the file might have simply been corrupted).

Beertintedgoggles, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Missing Downloaded Word Document

1. Missing Downloaded Word Document - Similar Threads - Missing Downloaded Word

2. word document

in Windows 10 Customization
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  3. word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  4. Can't download Word Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Word Documents: After downloading a windows update I am now unable to download any Docs from Onedrive or Word. The downloads never start. Ive tried restarting my computer, using a new browser, updating my computer and nothing has worked to resolve this issue. please help...
  5. Can't download Word Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download Word Documents: After downloading a windows update I am now unable to download any Docs from Onedrive or Word. The downloads never start. Ive tried restarting my computer, using a new browser, updating my computer and nothing has worked to resolve this issue. please help...
  6. Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  7. Word Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  8. Windows 10 and downloading a Word document issue

Windows 10 and downloading a Word document issue: I have a new HP laptop with Windows 10. It has Word installed but when I try to open a Word document from an email it opens in Wordpad and gives no option of opening with Word as my old pc did. This document needs to be edited and returned for marking by my course tutor. Can...
  9. File missing all the words in the document

File missing all the words in the document: ok, I got maybe a unique one for you all... today I turned on a laptop I have not turned on in over a year. i needed a document i had saved on it and was able to access it. I changed one line in the document hit the save icon and was about to send it to myself in email...
  10. Word document

in Windows 10 Support
    Word document: I typed a letter using Word. When I went to documents to open this letter to print Microsoft word kept opening a window telling me to sign into my micrisoft acct and either use for free for a month or pay. Why can't I access any documents, is there a way around this, it never...