Windows 10: Missing drivers, drivers disappearing

Discus and support Missing drivers, drivers disappearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I am using Asus laptop. My laptop touchpad suddenly stop working. No cursor at all. When to the device manger and shock to find out that the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aik HanTan, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Missing drivers, drivers disappearing

Hi

I am using Asus laptop. My laptop touchpad suddenly stop working. No cursor at all. When to the device manger and shock to find out that the driver can't be found at all. Same for my fingerprint sensor driver. Why is this happening? How to solve this issue?

Sad to say but I will not be buying a Asus device again. Only 6 months old and giving me a lot of problems.

:)

Aik HanTan, Dec 31, 2018

2. Hp Envy Driver missing

Hi Mohsin,

• Are you referring the missing driver as the High Definition Audio device
      with a yellow mark in the screenshot?

This issue could have happened due to corrupted driver files. Let's try reinstalling the driver and check if the driver can be recovered. Follow the below steps to re-install the driver.

• As you are already on the device manager, right-click on High Definition Audio device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the below steps to run the Hardware troubleshooter;

• Type troubleshooting in the search tool.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and
      Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware
      and Device Troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Hp Envy particular driver is missing

Hi,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you facing sound issues with the PC? If yes, can you elaborate the exact issue faced by you?
    • Have you installed the latest Anniversary Update?

As per the information provided, I can see that under Device Manager your Audio Drivers are displayed which indicates that the driver for the same is installed and not missing.

I suggest that you right click on the driver I question, select Properties . General tab > check if there are any errors that display under the Driver Status dialog box.

Also if the have installed the Anniversary Update, I suggest that you download the drivers for 8/8.1 and installed the same in Compatibility Mode.

Step 1: Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

Step 2: Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Step 3: Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Missing drivers, drivers disappearing

Touchscreen driver

Hi Dana,

There are several reasons why an issue occurs, sometimes this may be caused by some files or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1. Update mouse driver through Device Manager

To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Device Manager and press
      Enter
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices, double-click on the
      device.
    • On the Driver tab, click Update Driver and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the updates.
    • Restart your device when your done.

Method 2. Roll back mouse driver through Device Manager

To do this, you may proceed to the steps below:

• Click Start, type Device Manager and press
      Enter
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices, double-click on the
      device.
    • On the Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
    • Once you're done, restart your device and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Missing drivers, drivers disappearing

1. Missing drivers, drivers disappearing - Similar Threads - Missing drivers drivers

2. Drivers missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers missing: Did some dumb things on a forum, computer had a stroke and spent 50 hours no exaggeration “fixing C: drive” now my pc won’t boot and it says the error “the boot configuration data file doesn’t contain valid information for an operating system” also I did a diagnostic thing...
  3. missing driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    missing driver: Graphics driver says Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0152&SUBSYS_339A103C&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 requires further installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-driver/d04a2492-5065-4626-a660-3ebe069dc75b
  4. Missing Driver

Missing Driver: Hi,My CD/DVD driver is missing from Device Manager and it also does not appear in Windows Explorer.Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-driver/fba5f5db-7fb6-4c85-b378-4ad5433c491f
  5. Missing Driver

Missing Driver: Is there any "Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility" drivers for "Intel 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller - 3B56" hardware and for an other hardware, its ID is "3B64"? This is not the sound card hardware just the controller! 179473
  6. Driver missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver missing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GreenyCuz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyxc8s/driver_missing/
  7. Missing driver

Missing driver: Hello, i would like to say first im no expert in computer and stuffs but i have a problem, recently i tried to partitioned my driver, driver C and driver E, C where all my files are and E for my games, in a few weeks all things are normal but all of that changed when i saw my...
  8. Missing Drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing Drivers: I think I may be missing a driver or something. Something is definitely wrong with my PC. It won't update to the latest version of Windows 10, It won't let me update software, It won't let me uninstall, even something as simple as, a Theme pack I added to my PC. The few items...
  9. missing drivers

missing drivers: please help me to reinstall HID-compliant-touch screen driver, cannot find this anywhere!! Dear Microsoft, I cannot find a driver for the HID compliant touch screen as I need to reinstall this in order for the touch screen on my Lenovo yoga 11 e to work. I have followed...
  10. Missing Driver

Missing Driver: No Bluetooth Driver on my HP NOTE BOOK. HPG61 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-driver/963c825c-1884-49ae-b753-2bed8ee6922f