Windows 10: Missing Drivers

Discus and support Missing Drivers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I think I may be missing a driver or something. Something is definitely wrong with my PC. It won't update to the latest version of Windows 10, It won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Billie J Marlow, May 12, 2020.

1. Missing Drivers

I think I may be missing a driver or something. Something is definitely wrong with my PC. It won't update to the latest version of Windows 10, It won't let me update software, It won't let me uninstall, even something as simple as, a Theme pack I added to my PC. The few items It has let me Uninstall, doesn't uninstall completely. I am getting error codes like, 0x80073712, 0xC1900101 and 0x8000442. I am so frustrated that I just don't know what to do. I tried to run the SFC/SCANNOW command in Windows 10, which is supposed to fix one of these error codes, but it just stopped scanning and said that it could not do it. Can anyone tell me what to do? I've removed external hardware as suggested, Ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter several times, then restarted as requested and then tried to update again. I've Uninstalled non-Microsoft antivirus software as requested and tried to uninstall non-essential software, but that's when I ran into more error codes. Does anyone know what is going on with my computer?

:)

Billie J Marlow, May 12, 2020

2. Hp Envy Driver missing

Hi Mohsin,

• Are you referring the missing driver as the High Definition Audio device
      with a yellow mark in the screenshot?

This issue could have happened due to corrupted driver files. Let's try reinstalling the driver and check if the driver can be recovered. Follow the below steps to re-install the driver.

• As you are already on the device manager, right-click on High Definition Audio device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the below steps to run the Hardware troubleshooter;

• Type troubleshooting in the search tool.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and
      Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware
      and Device Troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, May 12, 2020
  3. Hp Envy particular driver is missing

Hi,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you facing sound issues with the PC? If yes, can you elaborate the exact issue faced by you?
    • Have you installed the latest Anniversary Update?

As per the information provided, I can see that under Device Manager your Audio Drivers are displayed which indicates that the driver for the same is installed and not missing.

I suggest that you right click on the driver I question, select Properties . General tab > check if there are any errors that display under the Driver Status dialog box.

Also if the have installed the Anniversary Update, I suggest that you download the drivers for 8/8.1 and installed the same in Compatibility Mode.

Step 1: Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

Step 2: Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Step 3: Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, May 12, 2020
  4. Missing Drivers

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Missing Drivers

1. Missing Drivers - Similar Threads - Missing Drivers

2. wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing: wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-are-not-working-properlysometimes-its/1c5da381-0d7d-44cc-8f62-43cd209d4627
  3. wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing: wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-are-not-working-properlysometimes-its/1c5da381-0d7d-44cc-8f62-43cd209d4627
  4. wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wifi driver missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver missing and other issues: My wifi driver isn’t appearing in my device manager and isn’t in hidden devices, my Bluetooth driver says nothing is connected when I checked and everything seems good, and my computer won’t read usb devices except my mouse dongleI am so confused and I need help! Thanks...
  6. Wifi driver missing and other issues

Wifi driver missing and other issues: My wifi driver isn’t appearing in my device manager and isn’t in hidden devices, my Bluetooth driver says nothing is connected when I checked and everything seems good, and my computer won’t read usb devices except my mouse dongleI am so confused and I need help! Thanks...
  7. network adapter driver missing again anda again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network adapter driver missing again anda again: i installed windows 10 enterprise in my HP core i3 4th gen pc model is z230 once i installed network adapter drive then windows giving me a message that is your pc will be restart after 5 minutes so after restarting network adapter driver installed successfully but when i...
  8. network adapter driver missing again anda again

network adapter driver missing again anda again: i installed windows 10 enterprise in my HP core i3 4th gen pc model is z230 once i installed network adapter drive then windows giving me a message that is your pc will be restart after 5 minutes so after restarting network adapter driver installed successfully but when i...
  9. network adapter driver missing again anda again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Windows 11 install fails saying "A media driver your computer needs is missing."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 install fails saying "A media driver your computer needs is missing.": Hi, I am trying to install windows 11 in my new pc but it fails saying "A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard Disk driver, If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it please insert it now" I have downloaded windows...