Windows 10: Missing DVD driver

Discus and support Missing DVD driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Need a driver for my dvd player in an Asus K53T laptop. When I upgraded to 10 my DVD wasn't recognized. One suggestion was to uninstall from the Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Canbiker, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Canbiker Win User

Missing DVD driver

Need a driver for my dvd player in an Asus K53T laptop. When I upgraded to 10 my DVD wasn't recognized. One suggestion was to uninstall from the Device Manager, reboot and then hopefully it would be reinstalled.
    Didn't happen. Then I foolishly signed on to driver shyster, which was an expensive failure. So, I'm surprised drivers wouldn't be available from the manufacturers. Can anyone help please?

:)

Canbiker, Nov 16, 2015

2. Repeated abort of download of upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10- error code 80246007 or C1900107

I generated a W10 install DVD and, after a long delay, booted it. The install quickly died with an error message "missing driver". There was no hint whatsoever what driver was missing. There was no apparent way to continue without the driver. There was
    no way to ask Windows to download the driver.

Several people at Microsoft should be shot that that astounding incompetence.

I presume there is no point in buying a W10 DVD either

RoedyGreen, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Windows not booting up

>the error message said that there was a corrupt or missing file.

Did that say a required driver is missing especially CD/DVD?

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 16, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Missing DVD driver

DVD is automatically installed by Windows using standard drivers (there are no specific drivers per model) once it is detected properly. To make it detected properly you must update the SATA driver. This is part of the motherboard (chipset) drivers, so you must install the chipset drivers from manufacturer and restart your computer. Then your DVD should work again.

spapakons, Nov 17, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing DVD driver

1. Missing DVD driver - Similar Threads - Missing DVD driver

2. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD driver missing.: Yes, I know, it's a little too late for DVD drivers, but I still wanna use them regardless. I bought a DVD driver a few days ago but I cannot seem to connect it as my Windows 10 doesn't recognize it. When going to Device Manager even if I click to show all hidden devices its...
  3. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD driver missing.: Yes, I know, it's a little too late for DVD drivers, but I still wanna use them regardless. I bought a DVD driver a few days ago but I cannot seem to connect it as my Windows 10 doesn't recognize it. When going to Device Manager even if I click to show all hidden devices its...
  4. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing external dvd driver

Missing external dvd driver: Please help: My windows 10 surface pro is unable to detect my external dvd drive when i plug it in. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-external-dvd-driver/8d3f7354-ce1e-4de0-b3bf-b3122078ed16
  6. Missing CD/DVD driver

Missing CD/DVD driver: I use an old Dell laptop. After I updated to Windows 10 latest update my CD ROM ceased to function. I had recently installed software, then upgraded, then it will no longer work. So after looking online I deleted cdrom.sys, thinking the system would detect this missing...
  7. Missing DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing DVD: After Window10 update my HP All IN One DVD-ROM drive is missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-dvd/20e1b580-1d71-4c41-b562-b4272da7c250
  8. DVD drivers missing

DVD drivers missing: I am trying to get my external DVD drive to work. I literally do not have the drivers. I tried updating my drivers through windows update and nothing changed. I tried going through device manager and it wasn't there. I tried going in the registry and they didn't show up and I...
  9. dvd driver

dvd driver: windows 10 has changed my dvd writer to cd rom only i need the updated drivers or firmware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-driver/499a30d4-bbe1-431b-ac23-dc8626e5a724
  10. DVD drive missing

DVD drive missing: Had NUMEROUS problems with Windows 10 and ran the reset program to reinstall Windows 10. Now, my DVD drive is shown in device manager but not in file manager so I cannot load all my software from disk. How do I get the DVD drive back so I can reloading TurboTax and other...