Windows 10: Missing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below

Discus and support Missing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro - 20h2 (OS Build 19042.746) This is driving me nuts. I have NOT come up with a solution that replaces the missing DVD option. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheBugMan, Jan 18, 2021.

1. TheBugMan Win User

Missing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below

Windows 10 Pro - 20h2 (OS Build 19042.746) This is driving me nuts. I have NOT come up with a solution that replaces the missing DVD option. I have looked in the registry under HKLM and HKCU. I have no idea when this option disappeared, perhaps a Win 10 update is the cause. The image I have attached is from my other Win 10 PC. It is fine.
    When you look at shell:sendto the DVD CD do not show up. Only when you right click on a folder/file and select Sendto do you see the optical drive listed. I know you can create a shortcut to the drive and add it to the Sendto folder. That is not the solution I'm looking for. Thank you to anyone who has the answer to replacing the missing DVD.

Missing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below [​IMG]

:)

TheBugMan, Jan 18, 2021

2. Send to only has DVD RW Drive (dMissing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below :) option

When I right click on an object and select Send To, I only have one option "DVD RW Drive (DMissing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below :)"

I looked at the AppData/Roaming/microsoft/Windows/SendTo folder and see the usual items, Mail recipient, fax recipient, etc. But, no DVD RW Drive (DMissing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below :).

Ran a SFC and everything is fine.

Any thoughts?

OtisDaWino, Jan 18, 2021
  3. SATA DVD-RW Drives

Hey Guys,

So, I finally just bought my new rig: EVGA A1 Mobo (w/ 6 SATA Slots), 2 WD Raptors (SATA - Gonna RAID 0 Boot), 4 Seagate 320GB Barracuda's (SATA - Gonna RAID 5 Storage).
    However, I realized I also bought 2 DVD-RW drives, in SATA *Eek! Missing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below :eek: not enough SATA ports on the mobo...

So a couple of questions follow:
    1) Is SATA really faster for DVD-RW drives than IDE?
    2) Is there anyway to Inline/Series the (2) SATA DVD-RW drives, kinda like you do with IDE (Master/Slave)?
    3) Are there any SATA-->IDE reverse adaptors (not the opposite, I know those exist)?
    4) Based on the above answers, should I:
    • a) Get a PCI-E SATA RAID Card to Handle One of the RAID Arrays, and keep the DVD-RW drives as SATA? (although those are dang expensive, AND I don't know where that PCI Card is gonna fit - got an 8800gtx, PCI Slot-Cooler, Wifi card... an extra slot but no room down there)
    • b) Return the DVD-RW SATA drives and get (2) IDE DVD-RW drives?
    • Another option that won't require me spending a lot of money?
    Eesh, I'm kinda stuck on my build if I don't have a CD Drive to read from for Windows Install(I don't have any extra ones sittin around - and I want to install my RAID 5 Storage array right away)

Suggestions?*Confused Missing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below :confused:

surfsk8snow.jah, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Missing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below

DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Missing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below

1. Missing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below - Similar Threads - Missing DVD Drive

2. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  3. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  4. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing DVD RW Drive(X:) in Sendto context options (see pic below: Windows 10 Pro - 20h2 (OS Build 19042.746) This is driving me nuts. I have NOT come up with a solution that replaces the missing DVD option. I have looked in the registry under HKLM and HKCU. I have no idea when this option disappeared, perhaps a Win 10 update is the cause....
  6. DVD RW Drive E:

DVD RW Drive E:: DVD RW Drive E: keep telling me to insert a disc into drive when I try to open the CD or DVD. I have removed the CD and placed an DVD, tried upgrading and troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-e/a076e210-70f2-43ba-b7f9-9a40a2a4c030
  7. DVD RW Drive

DVD RW Drive: When I try to run a disk from this driver for MSI, an error message pops up saying. DVDSetup: Failed to load Hardware Monitor Driver! This program must run as administrator. How can I make the disk as an admin?...
  8. DVD-RW drive no located

DVD-RW drive no located: My WIN 10 can no longer find my subject drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-no-located/46d3adb9-e398-4f07-8d4d-240dc77c819d
  9. DVD-RW drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD-RW drive: I have windows 10 pro and for some reason it will not recognize my DVD-RW drive now. it says code 45 hardware device is not connected. help how can I fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive/c1e425aa-bc0b-4a0a-8317-4f686d91a155
  10. DVD-RW Drive

DVD-RW Drive: I burnt photos on the DVD-RW drive with a DVD-R disc, the photos are now blurred. Could it be because I used an R disc instead DVD-RW.? Trying to get to the bottom of the blurring problem, never had this before. 79294