Windows 10: Missing email address from login screen

Discus and support Missing email address from login screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I updated my desktop from 15xx to 1909 and my email address disappeared from the login screen. Also updated my laptop from 1809 to 1903 and the email... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by scottmiller119, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Missing email address from login screen

I updated my desktop from 15xx to 1909 and my email address disappeared from the login screen. Also updated my laptop from 1809 to 1903 and the email address is still there. Is there some major difference between 1903 and 1909? Would like to make it disappear from my laptop. Any ideas.

:)

scottmiller119, Feb 20, 2020

2. email address on login screen

Hi Mikey,

By default, the sign in screen shows your name and email address (or username if you’re not using a Microsoft account) and whatever picture you’ve associated with your account. But Microsoft has its way on how can hide the email address on the login screen.
    Here are the steps:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options from the left side.
    • Under Privacy, go to Show account details (e.g. email address) on sign-in screen.
    • Toggle the switch to Off.

Missing email address from login screen f69ce258-28c5-41e1-ae1f-b0afadf1b4e4.jpg

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

PreciousLeb, Feb 20, 2020
  3. DariuszV Win User
    Hide email at login screen

I managed to hide the email address by following this method:

• Press WIN + I keys to access the Settings app.
    • Click on Users
    • Navigate to the Sign-in options section where you’ll will find the option
      Show account details on sign-in screen.
    • Set the switch to Off. Your email address will no longer appear at the login screen.
    If that option is not available for your Windows build, you can also use the group policy to block the system from showing email address. Check

this article
    for details.

DariuszV, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Missing email address from login screen

Windows Login Email

• Go to "Settings" app, then click Accounts
    • Click the Link for "login using a local account" and follow the steps through
    • Go back to the same place and now link again to the correct/new email address.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Missing email address from login screen

1. Missing email address from login screen - Similar Threads - Missing email address

2. Unable to login via email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login via email address: I'm trying to login to my laptop via my email address but its advising the password is incorrect. I have reset the password and can access it on my other devices. When I access my Microsoft account on another device and check my sign in activity it indicates I've had a...
  3. Default login email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Default login email address: Hi, I recently created a new email and was wondering if I could switch the default email address while keeping all my data and such. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-login-email-address/d4a53151-c770-4cbc-bc66-31ad689e707d
  4. W10 Login email address

W10 Login email address: My daughter Child account has an existing ISP email address for W10 login. I have set her up with a new Outlook.com account to use as her future login. The email addresses are as follows :- *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for...
  5. Change Login Email Address

Change Login Email Address: Hi, I have just received a new PC that has windows 10 on it. It is asking me for a Microsoft account, which I have but do not use. In order to get the machine set up I had to use this account, however, whenever I purchase software etc it uses this account name and I...
  6. remove email address from sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove email address from sign-in screen: 1. I don't want my email address shown on the sign-in screen of Windows 10 Home. How can I remove it? I have already switched the option ' Show account details such as email address on the sign-in screen' (settings ->Accounts->Sign-in options->Privacy) to OFF, but my email...
  7. How to remove email address from windows login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove email address from windows login: Just purchased a new pc and forced to enter an email address to create new profile in latest build. Simply, how to remove (hide) your email address showing on windows start up log in screen? I have tried several fixes, so far nothing worked; many are dated. The privacy...
  8. How to remove email address from windows login

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove email address from windows login: Just purchased a new pc and forced to enter an email address to create new profile in latest build. Simply, how to remove (hide) your email address showing on windows start up log in screen? I have tried several fixes, so far nothing worked; many are dated. The privacy...
  9. Misspelled email address login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Misspelled email address login: We don't know what happened, but my friend's daughter was using the laptop and did something and now the only user option to login is misspelled. We don't see an option to switch users or to login with the correct email address. We did go through and successfully change...
  10. Misspelled email address login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Misspelled email address login: We don't know what happened, but my friend's daughter was using the laptop and did something and now the only user option to login is misspelled. We don't see an option to switch users or to login with the correct email address. We did go through and successfully change...