Windows 10: Missing Explorer Ribbon.

Discus and support Missing Explorer Ribbon. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have no explorer ribbon and not sure what happened to it. Been rather busy lately with other things, so maybe it was never there on install and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by M0710NM4N, Aug 6, 2018.

1. M0710NM4N Win User

Missing Explorer Ribbon.

I have no explorer ribbon and not sure what happened to it. Been rather busy lately with other things, so maybe it was never there on install and didn't take notice... not sure. I just know it's not there now. Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

M0710NM4N, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Guru Kiran G Win User

Ribbon missing in the task explorer, the libraries and also the text which appears on the title bar are also missing.

Hi Ajeeth,

Please let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to assist you better.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

To Show Ribbon in File Explorer for Your Account from QAT. Right click or press and hold on an empty area of the Ribbon tab bar, and click/tap on Minimize the Ribbon to check it. (see screenshot below)

Missing Explorer Ribbon. [​IMG]

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with file explorer. Your reply is most important assist you further. Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    File Explorer Ribbon or Tool Bar

Hello,

We understand that you want to keep the ribbon open in File Explorer.

There are ways on how to achieve this. Here are some of it. Kindly check the methods below:

Hide or show the Ribbon using a Registry tweak

• Open Registry Editor.
    • Go to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer

If this key does not exist, just create it.
    • Create or modify the 32-bit DWORD value named ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized. explorerribbonstartsminimized

Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
      • To start Explorer with the Ribbon always minimized, set the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized value data to 3.
      • To start Explorer with the Ribbon always maximized, set it to 4. Delete the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized parameter to restore the default behavior.
      • Delete the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized parameter to restore the default behavior.

Using a Group Policy tweak, you can force Explorer to always start with the Ribbon minimized.

• Press Win + R keys together on your keyboard.
    • The Run box will appear. Type the following in the Run box and then press Enter:
      • gpedit.msc
    • In the left pane of Group Policy Editor, navigate to the following path:
      • User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ File Explorer
    • Now locate the setting called Start File Explorer with Ribbon minimized in the right pane and double click it. The policy configuration window will open.
    • Set the option to the "Enabled" state and pick the option below it which is suitable for you.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Amit(Kumar) Win User

Missing Explorer Ribbon.

Ribbon missing in the task explorer, the libraries and also the text which appears on the title bar are also missing.

Hello Ajeeth,

I request you to try the below steps:

• Open file explorer.
    • Click on "View" on the File ribbon and select Options.
    • Now go to View tab.
    • Select "Reset folders" and click on "OK".

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Missing Explorer Ribbon.

1. Missing Explorer Ribbon. - Similar Threads - Missing Explorer Ribbon

2. Changing Explorer Ribbon icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Explorer Ribbon icons: Hello, I'm struggling to change some of the Eplorer's Ribbon icons. I've successfully changed icons for: This PC –> Ribbon —> System tab –> Open Settings and System properties. Those icons were located in shell32.dll 1. However I absolutely cannot change icon for This...
  3. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956
  4. Explorer missing a network device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer missing a network device: Hi, Missing network device - EXTERNALDRIVE Since the last Windows 10 update which I installed on Dec. 9 I am missing one devices in Explorer > Network on one of three network computers. They are all present on the other two computers. One of these is Windows 10., the other...
  5. Missing subdirectory in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing subdirectory in Explorer: I have a directory called CARS with four subdirectories called FORD, CHEVY, DODGE and VW. These are not the real names but I rename them for simplication. The VW directory contains several files. I have been using these files for over a year. Today the VW subdirectory is...
  6. File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out: For most of the afternoon today I have searched through Google and here to see if I can get the File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs fix. So far no luck to get this fix. I am not sure what is exactly the problem with this even I tried to right-click on desktop to get a new...
  7. File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown.: If you're like me, you always jump between the different menu tabs on the File Explorer window. Home, Share, View, Play etc. [img] For me I always use Cut/Paste/Delete/Rename buttons, along with New Folder and Select All when editing or moving files. None of the other...
  8. Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10: Thank you. modifying the registry seems to have worked. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to turn off this execrable UI nuisance? 42982
  9. File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death: When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green ribbon in the ribbon bar. I tried checking Always show Icons, never thumbnails and the green ribbon finally finishes. But not...
  10. File Explorer Ribbons Cover Top Lines of Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Ribbons Cover Top Lines of Folder: When I open Windows 10 File Explorer from the Task Bar and choose Home, Share or View, the resulting ribbon covers the top few lines of the opened folder or files. How can I cause the ribbon to "bump" down the folder so that I can see the top few lines? I hope I have...