Windows 10: Missing Favorites Folder on Home Page

Discus and support Missing Favorites Folder on Home Page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a PC running Windows 10 Pro. I have Yahoo as my Homepage and Google as my Default Search Engine. I have always had a Favorites Folder on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by The Pool Commish, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Missing Favorites Folder on Home Page

I have a PC running Windows 10 Pro. I have Yahoo as my Homepage and Google as my Default Search Engine.

I have always had a Favorites Folder on the left side of Homepage a toolbar. I had over 100+ folders in there over many years that hadinfo in them. Then I noticed furtherdown the list folders that were above also had the same folder names again butwith nothing in them. I then one by one deleted those blank folders. I didthis using, I believe Bookmark Manager. I then probably screwed up because Ithink I deleted the “Favorites Folder” from the tool bar.

How can I get the Favorites folder back to the left side ofthe toolbar again? On the right side of the toolbar, I have a folder called “OtherBookmarks” but when I want to bookmark a webpage, it shows under OtherBookmarks choices of -Bookmark bar or Other Bookmarks and finally Chooseanother Folder.

I’m hoping I can recoup all my old bookmarks, but I think Ierased them accidently. I just want the Favorites folder to appear on the Leftside and I’ll start over and the “Other bookmarks remain on the right side.

Thanks……..

:)

The Pool Commish, Apr 10, 2021

2. Favorites drop down has favorites folders but links are missing

Hi Luke,

The issue with your Favorites may occur due to corrupted Internet Explorer settings or Favorites folder. For us to provide accurate steps in resolving such issue, let us isolate it first with a few
    questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Since when are the favorites missing from Internet Explorer?

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Apr 10, 2021
  3. favorite folders there, sites are gone

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are referring to the favorites folder created within the Internet Explorer.

If you lose the favorites saved within the Internet Explorer
    and as an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if you are able to locate the favorites that has been missing from Internet Explorer.

• Click This PC.
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Click on Favorites and check if the missing favorites are there.
    If you are able to locate the missing favorites, I suggest you to create a backup and try to import the favorites.

Refer to the section Import Favorites, from the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Hope the information provided was helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Missing Favorites Folder on Home Page

Missing Favorites Folders

My favorites folders & lists are missing from Edge. How do I get them back?

PatriciaN818, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Missing Favorites Folder on Home Page

1. Missing Favorites Folder on Home Page - Similar Threads - Missing Favorites Folder

2. Yahoo home page went missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo home page went missing: I asked this on Yahoo support and they said to come here. I have used Yahoo and yahoo mail for several years and now I am being prompted to make Yahoo my home page, Why? Also when I am on a web page and they want me to link to email them a question my Yahoo mail link does not...
  3. Yahoo home page went missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yahoo home page went missing: I asked this on Yahoo support and they said to come here. I have used Yahoo and yahoo mail for several years and now I am being prompted to make Yahoo my home page, Why? Also when I am on a web page and they want me to link to email them a question my Yahoo mail link does not...
  4. Yahoo home page went missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Missing icons for Contacts/Favorites/Links/Searches folders in Personal Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing icons for Contacts/Favorites/Links/Searches folders in Personal Folder: After moving the folders in my personal folder to a different drive, the unique icons for the actual useful folders in addition to 3D Objects restored themselves automatically, but the icons for Contacts, Favorites, Links, and Searches did not.Prior to moving them, each of...
  6. Missing icons for Contacts/Favorites/Links/Searches folders in Personal Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing icons for Contacts/Favorites/Links/Searches folders in Personal Folder: After moving the folders in my personal folder to a different drive, the unique icons for the actual useful folders in addition to 3D Objects restored themselves automatically, but the icons for Contacts, Favorites, Links, and Searches did not.Prior to moving them, each of...
  7. Favorite List Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorite List Missing: When I click the favorite icon there's nothing there but when click the arrow next to the star in the favorite bar my list appears.How do I keep my list open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorite-list-missing/86058b22-4c5c-4edd-8e05-c2cb20723a87
  8. Favorites folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorites folder: How do I save a webpage to the Favorites Folder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-folder/880feec5-4a6a-43d8-8524-0aeafde670b3"
  9. Favorites Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorites Folder: Hello, one and all. I enthusiastically embraced Windows 10 and expected Windows 10 to be everything Windows 7 is and more. What I found was a massive shuffle of applications with some disappearing and new ones appearing. That's progress I guess. One of my favorite tricks on...
  10. Edge lost favorites and home page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge lost favorites and home page: Weird thing happened this morning. When I opened Edge, my home page had changed to the default, even though I deleted it in settings, to set the home page I prefer. And all my favorites were gone. The popup launched to ask me if I wanted to import favorites from IE. I did not...