Windows 10: Missing .fcx & .celtx files after system recovery

Discus and support Missing .fcx & .celtx files after system recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, The recent Windows 10 update did not install properly on my laptop and my computer could not return to normal function without completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sinclairstjohn, May 29, 2020.

1. Missing .fcx & .celtx files after system recovery

Hello,

The recent Windows 10 update did not install properly on my laptop and my computer could not return to normal function without completely starting over e.g. wiping all data and restarting my comp from factory settings. I tried to have the system repair itself it didn't work and then just install the missing components this also didn't work. I didn't have a restore point, so my only option was creating a recovery drive. It took quite a while but it seemed all my files and data moved over.

While my word docs, images, video, and audio files made it over to the hard drive, it appears many other vital files did not. Files associated with Final Draft .fdx and Celtx .celtx are not appearing in the folders with my other work. Also, in the recovery folder, the autosave files for documents are missing and the "AppData" folder has nothing associated with either file. I'm also not seeing my files for the video editing software Premiere, but fortunately, those were duplicated elsewhere.

Does anyone have an idea of where the files went or are they just gone forever? The idea of re-writing all those scripts is driving me nuts and I think I've performed a pretty thorough search for the files. I had it move all files over in the transfer, so I'm confused about how it could any. I had to do a repair to the system last year same issue during a Windows 10 update and nothing was lost.

All the best,

Nicholas

:)

Sinclairstjohn, May 29, 2020

2. Unable to create System Repair Disc with some files missing on Windows 10

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a repair disc on your computer. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to create System Repair Disc?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the SFC scan as System File Checker utility in Windows allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about creating a recovery drive and check if it helps.

Create a recovery drive

For more information refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and with the required information. We will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 29, 2020
  3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, May 29, 2020
  4. Missing .fcx & .celtx files after system recovery

Cannot create a recovery disk on my "Upgraded" W10 systems

Hi Jorg,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a recovery disk on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Also refer to the below Microsoft article: Refresh is part of reset in Windows 10

And: Repair & recovery

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Missing .fcx & .celtx files after system recovery

1. Missing .fcx & .celtx files after system recovery - Similar Threads - Missing fcx celtx

2. recovery drive missing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery drive missing files: How do I create a recovery drive if I have missing files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-drive-missing-files/21a1efdd-9970-4657-a1df-bd8c0e736ac6
  3. recovery drive missing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recovery drive missing files: How do I create a recovery drive if I have missing files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-drive-missing-files/21a1efdd-9970-4657-a1df-bd8c0e736ac6
  4. recovery drive missing files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File recovery after shift + delete and system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File recovery after shift + delete and system restore: Hi I mistakenly shifted + deleted a folder on drive C. This folder contained Word files. I then restored the system and checked with various software to restore them. It was not successful. I ran the restore system again and moved it forward. Exactly when the files were...
  6. File recovery after shift + delete and system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File recovery after shift + delete and system restore: Hi I mistakenly shifted + deleted a folder on drive C. This folder contained Word files. I then restored the system and checked with various software to restore them. It was not successful. I ran the restore system again and moved it forward. Exactly when the files were...
  7. File recovery after shift + delete and system restore

8. Problem after System Recovery

Problem after System Recovery: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd gen running Windows 10 professional with build OS10.0.19536.1000. I reset only the software and I can't login again. Fingerprint doesn't work and PIN doesn't work either. On top it says Password and inside the text entry it says PIN. Both...
  9. Creating System File Recovery File

Creating System File Recovery File: I bought a new Sureface Pro 6 and ive been trying to create a Recovery Drive on USB Drive which looks OK. when I started the recovery after choosing the USB Drive, It shows an instructions said to format the flash drive to NTFS. after formating the USB Drive to NTFS and re...
  10. System Image Recovery option missing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Recovery option missing: Hi guys, Forgive me if I posted in the wrong section. My problem started when I try to perform a windows creator upgrade. After the upgrading process, I ran "winver" but it shows my current version as "1607 Build 14393.447". So I try to restore using my backup image but...