Windows 10: Missing Feature on Win 10 Taskbar

Discus and support Missing Feature on Win 10 Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm an old Win 7 guy (and all it's preceding versions) and have recently bought a new Dell Desktop with Win 10 Home about a month ago. Now, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Klard, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Klard Win User

Missing Feature on Win 10 Taskbar

I'm an old Win 7 guy (and all it's preceding versions) and have recently bought a new Dell Desktop with Win 10 Home about a month ago. Now, when I mouse into the lower left corner of the screen there is no longer an Icon that will show the Installed Programs, and so forth. Perhaps I have inadvertently stopped a service, or otherwise goofed something up.

Boy Howdy, it sure makes navigating more difficult! Any assistance or guidance is appreciated.

:)

Klard, Mar 11, 2019
  2. noten Win User

Missing Taskbar Icons

I'm having the same problem with 'Metro' icons. They don't show in the taskbar and they don't show within other apps. Shortcuts just show the generic page icon. The only place app icons show is in the start menu and those are really tiles.

Here's an example of what I'm dealing with:

Missing Feature on Win 10 Taskbar [​IMG]

I have tried scf (sfc?) scan and dsim, no luck. Have also tried everything mentioned in this thread. Nothing.

One suggestion that offered some promise was to look at the icon files to see if they look alright but didn't suggest anything beyond that. I browsed to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6310.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images and found some icon files that seemed ok but then a bunch that appeared blank:

Missing Feature on Win 10 Taskbar [​IMG]

Any thoughts?

noten, Mar 11, 2019
  3. taskbar

Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community. We suggest that you follow these steps for possible solution:

• Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. If in tablet mode, hold your finger on the taskbar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. You can also do the same for tablet mode.

In addition to that, you can follow the reply of johnhart061 on this
    thread for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

taskbar resize WIN 10

Hi Frank,

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on taskbar.
    • click on properties.
    • uncheck--use small taskbar buttons.
    • uncheck--lock the taskbar.
    • try to place the mouse pointer and then resize the taskbar.
    Please keep us updated.

Vinodh.V, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Missing Feature on Win 10 Taskbar - Similar Threads - Missing Feature Taskbar

2. Win 11 Taskbar Overflow option missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Taskbar Overflow option missing: I've upgraded to Win 11 and had the option of using Taskbar Overflow, but this has now disappeared. Why and how do i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-taskbar-overflow-option-missing/ec7647ff-118b-4645-bac4-70e8620616e6
  3. Win 11 Taskbar Overflow option missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Taskbar Overflow option missing: I've upgraded to Win 11 and had the option of using Taskbar Overflow, but this has now disappeared. Why and how do i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-taskbar-overflow-option-missing/ec7647ff-118b-4645-bac4-70e8620616e6
  4. microsoft taskbar is missing Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft taskbar is missing Win 11: ive had this problem for about a month now it takes longer for the machine to boot up the taskbar is gone i cant access the store and none of the solutions work this also sometimes closes apps when i leave full screen what i have tried:...
  5. microsoft taskbar is missing Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft taskbar is missing Win 11: ive had this problem for about a month now it takes longer for the machine to boot up the taskbar is gone i cant access the store and none of the solutions work this also sometimes closes apps when i leave full screen what i have tried:...
  6. Win 10 taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 taskbar: Why does taskbar stay up on boot if there were open folders at shutdown? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-taskbar/a0115a92-0590-49f3-9ba0-d1e1a7ecab51
  7. win 10 taskbar

win 10 taskbar: hi i have a problem with the task bar but mine i not showing up when i like drag the mouse into bottom of the screen m using google chrome of a fullscreen app and this is my taskbar settings : lock the taskbar : off auto hide the taskbar in desktop mode : on auto...
  8. Windows 10 Missing Features

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Missing Features: In the recent Windows 10 May 2020 Update 2004 Version, there is a feature called quick searches which appears in the search box. But for some reason, it doesn't appear in my search box. Can someone tell me how to solve this issue? Thanks![ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Sandbox feature missing in Win 10 Pro latest build

Windows Sandbox feature missing in Win 10 Pro latest build: I don't have the Windows Sandbox option under Windows Features. I have all the requirements as you can see below. Why is the Windows Sandbox option missing? OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions:...
  10. Win 10 1909 The taskbar activator is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 1909 The taskbar activator is missing: The activator is missing. ^ like this. This was after installing Quick Launch. (I have had a stroke, please keep this in mind) 153867