Windows 10: Missing Feature on Win 10 Taskbar

Discus and support Missing Feature on Win 10 Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm an old Win 7 guy (and all it's preceding versions) and have recently bought a new Dell Desktop with Win 10 Home about a month ago. Now, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Klard, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Klard Win User

Missing Feature on Win 10 Taskbar

I'm an old Win 7 guy (and all it's preceding versions) and have recently bought a new Dell Desktop with Win 10 Home about a month ago. Now, when I mouse into the lower left corner of the screen there is no longer an Icon that will show the Installed Programs, and so forth. Perhaps I have inadvertently stopped a service, or otherwise goofed something up.

Boy Howdy, it sure makes navigating more difficult! Any assistance or guidance is appreciated.

:)

Klard, Mar 11, 2019
  2. noten Win User

Missing Taskbar Icons

I'm having the same problem with 'Metro' icons. They don't show in the taskbar and they don't show within other apps. Shortcuts just show the generic page icon. The only place app icons show is in the start menu and those are really tiles.

Here's an example of what I'm dealing with:

Missing Feature on Win 10 Taskbar [​IMG]

I have tried scf (sfc?) scan and dsim, no luck. Have also tried everything mentioned in this thread. Nothing.

One suggestion that offered some promise was to look at the icon files to see if they look alright but didn't suggest anything beyond that. I browsed to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6310.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images and found some icon files that seemed ok but then a bunch that appeared blank:

Missing Feature on Win 10 Taskbar [​IMG]

Any thoughts?

noten, Mar 11, 2019
  3. taskbar

Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community. We suggest that you follow these steps for possible solution:

• Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. If in tablet mode, hold your finger on the taskbar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. You can also do the same for tablet mode.

In addition to that, you can follow the reply of johnhart061 on this
    thread for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

taskbar resize WIN 10

Hi Frank,

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on taskbar.
    • click on properties.
    • uncheck--use small taskbar buttons.
    • uncheck--lock the taskbar.
    • try to place the mouse pointer and then resize the taskbar.
    Please keep us updated.

Vinodh.V, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Missing Feature on Win 10 Taskbar - Similar Threads - Missing Feature Taskbar

2. sets features missing ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sets features missing ?: i cannot enable sets features yesterday only i have installed 1809 update but i have not find sets features did they removed it? help plz[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sets-features-missing/3e61e5c0-c4b1-4b29-872b-f2802850e638
  3. Fresh Paint missing feature.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Fresh Paint missing feature.: Missing inspire us feature in ms paint. Why? This is an update? But why they removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-paint-missing-feature/9aa8dd57-91ae-4793-8128-02c9927593d6"
  4. Missing cursor on win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing cursor on win 10: My cursor is not there now what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/missing-cursor-on-win-10/11ba4fc4-4494-4a53-8a03-257f5a2887dc
  5. Missing Programs, Features and documents.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Missing Programs, Features and documents.: Hi All, I installed windows 10 around 1 month ago, and last week when I logged into my computer, ALL my files, programs etc. where missing. I managed to find them deep in the C:, users, name, Microsoft etc under recent items and put them all back into the correct...
  6. New Amd driver (Crimson), a feature is missing with Win screen config.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Amd driver (Crimson), a feature is missing with Win screen config.: There is a feature missing with screen configuration under Windows 10 and new Amd drivers Crimson, even the last WHQL ones (15.12). The Amd setting do not have the screen configuration, no more. The driver choose ( I guess) the screen number 1 by its connection type Hdmi...
  7. Clock on taskbar missing ':'

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock on taskbar missing ':': Hello, I fired up the pc yesterday and noticed that the clock on the taskbar is now displaying a square o instead of a colon. Anyone have an idea on how to get the colon back on the clock? (screenshot attached) [img] Thanks! 96436
  8. win 10 taskbar folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win 10 taskbar folders: Hi, I have about two dozen applications on my win 10 taskbar and I would like to combine them into several folders to un-clutter the taskbar. So, when I click on a folder, the apps inside pull down and I can select one. Is that possible? Thanks, Ed 84595
  9. Missing Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Taskbar Icons: Whenever I run a Windows 10 specific app, such as Edge, Store, Weather, etc, It opens properly, but the icon on the taskbar is simply a square with a line under it if it is active and only the line shows when it is inactive. If I pin a Windows 10 app to the taskbar, there is...
  10. Missing Icons in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons in Taskbar: According to all I have read there should be a Properties Icon shown when you right click a blank area of the Taskbar in W10. There should also be a Task View icon to the right of the Start icon. I have neither of these. If I right click the Taskbar (blank area) I get 4...