Windows 10: Missing features under 'Turn Windows features on or off'. Any Windows 10 update fails.

Discus and support Missing features under 'Turn Windows features on or off'. Any Windows 10 update fails. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In trying to resolve a network issue of not seeing some computers on the network it was found that feature programs were not found. I initially tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KL Diehl, Apr 6, 2020.

1. KL Diehl Win User

Missing features under 'Turn Windows features on or off'. Any Windows 10 update fails.

In trying to resolve a network issue of not seeing some computers on the network it was found that feature programs were not found. I initially tried numerous things recommended to get the missing features back. Tried turning off antivirus and finally deleted Avast Business Cloud Care. As ADMIN tired sfc /scannow and got Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. Tired DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and got Error 216: This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you running. Tired to reinstall Windows 3 or 4 times while keeping all my settings, data and programs. With Antivirus installed I got error RPC Protocal Sequence Not Found. Tired doing that in a Safe Mode with antivirus uninstalled and the most recent error is 0x80004005. This was originally a free windows upgrade but the last time it failed and was taken to the computer company, I was forced to buy Win Pro 10 64 BIT English Version 1709. The version I am still stuck running. The owner since died and the company closed so I can get their assistance. Any help is appreciated.

:)

KL Diehl, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 6, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft testing blue light reduction feature for Windows 10

"Microsoft is slowly revealing new features in its next major update to Windows 10, and it appears blue light reduction feature might be a future addition. The software giant released a new build of Windows 10 testers yesterday with very few visible additions, but Windows enthusiasts have already started picking it apart for clues on new features. Twitter user "Core"has discovered references to a "BlueLightReduction" setting deep within the next major update to Windows 10 (codenamed Redstone 2). It appears to be a setting that will be toggled from the Action Center (notification center) in the operating system.

F.lux has been the most popular option for Windows users looking to reduce blue light in the evenings, but Microsoft's own native toggle will bring this feature to every Windows 10 user. Apple has also integrated a similar feature in iOS 9, but it hasn't announced any plans to bring blue light reduction to Mac OS yet. Microsoft only appears to be testing the feature right now, so there's no guarantee it will ship in the update due early next year. If Microsoft does implement it fully then it will presumably be available on the mobile version of Windows 10, too.
    "

Microsoft testing blue light reduction feature for Windows 10

P4-630, Apr 6, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Missing features under 'Turn Windows features on or off'. Any Windows 10 update fails.

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Missing features under 'Turn Windows features on or off'. Any Windows 10 update fails. - Similar Threads - Missing features under

2. Turn Windows features on or off error:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Windows features on or off error:: Selected to turn on Windows Hypervisor Platform in the Windows features and by screen is stuck on Searching for required files. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-error/15e359b1-ef43-4713-bbdf-4364f2d4f56d
  3. Turn Windows Features on or off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Windows Features on or off?: When I go to turn on some of the Windows features and click "Ok" they automatically turn themselves back off. And vice versa. Any way to stop this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?...
  4. Turn Windows Features On or Off

Turn Windows Features On or Off: Some time ago, I messed with the option of turning Windows features on or off. I was wondering what the default features are, and maybe which ones I should have on. If it helps, I have a FLEX 4-1470. Thanks....
  5. Turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn windows features on or off: Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature detail.” Under it shows “-> Install this feature”(which is gray and not clickable) and “-> Skip this installation”(thats blue...
  6. Permission to turn Windows Features On and Off

Permission to turn Windows Features On and Off: I need to turn off Isolated User Mode,but when i open OptionalFeatures.exe,it gives this message. Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Any help?...
  7. turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......

turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......: no option …… here what can I do ???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-features-problems/a096cbff-d166-4258-aca7-276e271d300b
  8. Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off": Hello, I will go straight to the point here guys, I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys) I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack! The problem is, after I...
  9. Problem with "Turn Windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with "Turn Windows features on and off": Hello ! In order to play an old game, I need to activate the DirectPlay feature. I tried to do it through the graphical interface "Turn Windows features on and off" but it failed (and it is the same whatever the feature I try to modify). I tried to do it in command lines...
  10. Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10: How to: Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10 How to Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10 Some programs and features included with Windows, such as Internet Information Services, must be turned on before you can use them. Certain other features are turned...