Windows 10: missing file and changed search setting

Discus and support missing file and changed search setting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; C:\Users\Rein Ulesoo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads\add_gpedit_msc_by_jwils876 (1) I cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ReinUlesoo, Jul 4, 2019.

1. missing file and changed search setting

C:\Users\Rein Ulesoo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads\add_gpedit_msc_by_jwils876 (1)

I cannot find the above location because "PC" in my search bar no longer brings up a list of files but brings up "PC Settings".

What and where did it change? Do I have a super virus that Malwarebytes and Defender cannot find?

Rein

:)

ReinUlesoo, Jul 4, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 4, 2019
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 4, 2019
  4. missing file and changed search setting

Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

missing file and changed search setting

1. missing file and changed search setting - Similar Threads - missing file changed

2. The "Show Search Box" Option Is Missing In Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Show Search Box" Option Is Missing In Settings: As of the original "Moment 2" update to windows 11, the search box option has been missing for me, at first I could see the option, but after a day or 2 it disappeared, now I have just updated to the latest stable build "22621.1555" and I am still experiencing the problem, I...
  3. The "Show Search Box" Option Is Missing In Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "Show Search Box" Option Is Missing In Settings: As of the original "Moment 2" update to windows 11, the search box option has been missing for me, at first I could see the option, but after a day or 2 it disappeared, now I have just updated to the latest stable build "22621.1555" and I am still experiencing the problem, I...
  4. Files missing from File Explorer Search Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing from File Explorer Search Results: I recently migrated from an older Windows 10 computer to a newer Windows 11 computer. On the new device, I cannot get search to work correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I know of and nothing seems to work.The problem is that .DOC files are not returned in some...
  5. Files missing from File Explorer Search Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files missing from File Explorer Search Results: I recently migrated from an older Windows 10 computer to a newer Windows 11 computer. On the new device, I cannot get search to work correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I know of and nothing seems to work.The problem is that .DOC files are not returned in some...
  6. Search is missing

in Cortana
    Search is missing: Microsoft search does not work: The magnifying glass is in the task bar, but clicking on it does not have any effect. SearchUI is not running in task manager. The PC is updated but search seems to be missing entirely. What can I do to reinstall it?...
  7. File explore search powered by windows search is missing functions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explore search powered by windows search is missing functions: [ATTACH] Why are these functions from the old search missing? Why are we forced to use the ribbon? Instant search. Have to press enter now. Dropdown for kind, size options, date range calendar... Completely missing. Blue coloring for kind, size, date syntax... Its only...
  8. Cortana And Search Settings Are Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana And Search Settings Are Missing: [ATTACH] I installed the latest update of windows insider preview and the build id is 1903 suddenly the cortana and search settings option got removed from the user settings. tried internet tutorial nothing worked. please help me, attaching the screenshot below. my...
  9. Search bar and missing file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar and missing file: My search bar has gone walkies and not come back also I had a file and now I can't find it anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-and-missing-file/77393ae1-a9cc-4b3a-911b-222deee84385"
  10. Search for Missing files in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Search for Missing files in File Explorer: I am using iTunes to locate missing files, which takes me to Explorer. All I have is the name of the files and the length in minutes to identify (and the name is the same). So I'm looking for a file called Class with a length of 2:30, as opposed to a file called Class with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows (c:)\packages\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\temp.state\downloads

2. tempstate/downloads