Windows 10: Missing file in appdata local temp folder

Discus and support Missing file in appdata local temp folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I keep getting pop error telling me that I'm missing a file in the local temp folder called JzQy.vbs. this started after I restarted my hp laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielBozz, May 9, 2020.

1. Missing file in appdata local temp folder

Hi,

I keep getting pop error telling me that I'm missing a file in the local temp folder called JzQy.vbs. this started after I restarted my hp laptop. Everytime i delete this popup it just re-appears. Is there something I can do to fix this.Missing file in appdata local temp folder [​IMG]

:)

DanielBozz, May 9, 2020

2. AppData/Local/Temp folder has deleted a file

Stupidly I have been working on a temporary CAD file in AppData/Local/Temp folder, not sure how it happened (power cut maybe) but it came up as the top file on my list of recent files and I just opened it worked on it a few days ago and saved it. Actually
    I must have done this several days in a row. Scroll forward to today and it still comes up on my file list but doesn't seem to actually exist anymore. I have tried a file search with no luck. Several days work lost it seems. Does this file still exist somewhere?
    Any ideas?

Thanks

Will

willbowden, May 9, 2020
  3. AppData/Local/Temp folder has deleted a file

Hi Willbowden,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I'll be glad to assist you.

Generally speaking, you really shouldn't tamper with the AppData folder. Its name suggests what it does, it's the folder your programs use to store their information.

Are you assuming that the deletion of the file in AppData has affected your system?

Windows will not delete the files that are in use, but as these are 'temporary' files

you do not need to worry about those you can delete. This is a common practice that is can be done

via Disk Cleanup (which does not delete all the files), but if you want to, go ahead and

copy them to a folder somewhere of your choice and compress them if you are desperate for space

on your SSD.

Leaving too much in your TEMP folder will slow Windows.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us or further queries. we are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, May 9, 2020
  4. Noël S. Win User

Missing file in appdata local temp folder

Excess Files? in ... \AppData\Local\Temp

In my directory c:\...\AppData\Local\Temp, is there any need to keep the files there. My C drive is a small SSD so anything I can get rid of will help a lot.

Noël S., May 9, 2020
Thema:

Missing file in appdata local temp folder

1. Missing file in appdata local temp folder - Similar Threads - Missing file appdata

2. Temp folder : C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp folder : C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp: Is the data present in "C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp" will be cleaned up automatically ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder-cusersusernameappdatalocaltemp/a917c46b-5ca4-4eb0-bce0-bbcd1b24f2e5
  3. Temp folder : C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp folder : C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp: Is the data present in "C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp" will be cleaned up automatically ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder-cusersusernameappdatalocaltemp/a917c46b-5ca4-4eb0-bce0-bbcd1b24f2e5
  4. Temp folder : C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. NLTmpMnt01 Folder in %appdata%\local\temp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NLTmpMnt01 Folder in %appdata%\local\temp folder: Hello,So i was browsing in my temp folder and found this Folder: Picture is in belowWhen i enter this folder, it feels like in its Main C: Drive Contains:"PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, Windows" Folders.This also cant delete though.but My question is, What...
  6. NLTmpMnt01 Folder in %appdata%\local\temp folder

NLTmpMnt01 Folder in %appdata%\local\temp folder: Hello,So i was browsing in my temp folder and found this Folder: Picture is in belowWhen i enter this folder, it feels like in its Main C: Drive Contains:"PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, Windows" Folders.This also cant delete though.but My question is, What...
  7. NLTmpMnt01 Folder in %appdata%\local\temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. "Microsoft" Folder in AppData/ Local is Missing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Microsoft" Folder in AppData/ Local is Missing.: So, for a bit I've been having an issue with Word, where it would propt the "Word Could Not Create Work File Check The Temp Enviroment Variable", and Today while trying to look up for a solution I found the next article:...
  9. Missing File \AppData\local\Temp\zPhDc.vbs

Missing File \AppData\local\Temp\zPhDc.vbs: The windows script host message only appears when my laptop is plugged in. I am using an Asus VivoBook, windows 10. I don't know what the script is for but it is a pain in the butt. How do I fix this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Downloads Placed in AppData/Local/Temp folder

in Browsers and Email
    Downloads Placed in AppData/Local/Temp folder: Using FF 57.0.2 (64-bit) This issue started after 11-16/17. Both FF and Win 10 are set to put downloads in the Download folder. Also, about this same time, opening a new Tab in FF displays a useless screen, which is not a problem, but I wonder if this change is part of...