Windows 10: Missing file on backup

Discus and support Missing file on backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've previously asked this question and had an answer which proved non conclusive so I'd like to try again with added info. When I do a backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Black Darter, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Missing file on backup

I've previously asked this question and had an answer which proved non conclusive so I'd like to try again with added info. When I do a backup everything goes OK except that I keep getting the message that one file was missing. C:\Windows\System32\config/systemprofile\Images/Img00000.stg_hm\Pictures Error; STATUS_WAIT_3 0x80070003. When I previously posted this Paolo responded and referred me elsewhere where the instruction was to create a new folder with the name as above. I've tried 2 options on this. Firstly I created a folder with the name Img00000.stg_hm. That didn't resolve the problem. Then I tried to create a new folder with the full script C:\ etc. I couldn't do that because : is not allowed. I've tried excluding the file. That didn't work. Where do I go from here, please? Windows 10.

:)

Black Darter, Sep 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 Backup missing files

Hi there,

so far I've noticed the missing files are .doc. There are also some pdfs. They are all located in the Documents and its subfolders. There are no error messages associated to the backup.

Fardashian, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Backup missing files

Hi,

To better address the backup issue you're experiencing, kindly answer the following questions:

• What kind of files is this?
    • Where are these missing files located?
    • Can you tell us the error message?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Geekoid Win User

Missing file on backup

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Missing file on backup

1. Missing file on backup - Similar Threads - Missing file backup

2. file history backup on my Surface Pro X is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file history backup on my Surface Pro X is missing: I am unable to run file history backup on a relatively new Surface Pro X. It has never worked on this device.The Backup GUI is missing from Settings/Update & Security.Also, the file history service, fhsvc.dll is missing from C:\Windows\System32.Running these commands didn't...
  3. Missed Macrium backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Missed Macrium backup: Macrium missed an incremental back up last night and there was no entry in the log file The PC was asleep this morning but even after waking it the task did not rerun this morning Also, the task is set to wake up if the PC is asleep at the scheduled time Previously I used the...
  4. Missing files after turning off OneDrive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing files after turning off OneDrive backup: When I turned off backup in OneDrive, most files went missing. I've tried to disable "Files On-Demand" thinking it would fix the problem, but it hasn't. There are even other people that need help with this problem, and I'm trying to give them a solution, too. Please help...
  5. Missing item in backup

Missing item in backup: I've tried to get an answer on this before under a different heading but unsuccessfully. How can I resolve a backup issue where backup completes OK except for one so called missing file. The report tells me that...
  6. Missing Folders & Files After External Backup

Missing Folders & Files After External Backup: Not using the OneDrive Cloud or the Windows Backup Tool. Simply copying and pasting folders into an external hard drive. Now a ton of my folders and files have disappeared off of my computer as if I had cut & paste them instead, which I did not do. What happened? I already...
  7. backup folder missing

backup folder missing: I selected a folder on my C:\ to back up in addition to the default folders. When I reboot my computer that folder is missing from my selected folders to be backed up. any ideas?...
  8. Backup File History doesn't appear to be working / Missing folders

Backup File History doesn't appear to be working / Missing folders: Greetings all! I've been working with my music library, and in a moment of confusion I lost a considerable part of my library. I couldn't recover from the Recycle Bin because when I deleted the files Windows informed me there were too many files and if I wanted to...
  9. Windows backup missing some files

Windows backup missing some files: Back in May, I posted a question about Windows Backup needing to be restarted after a Windows update....
  10. Backup error, some files missing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup error, some files missing: Mods, if there's a better sub forum for this please move it and thank you *Smile tenforums doesn't have a backup and restore forum yet. The problem is when I do a backup, I get an error message "The backup completed but some files were skipped" I've taken a snip and...