Windows 10: "Missing" file seems to still exist

Discus and support "Missing" file seems to still exist in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a shortcut to a file on our server at work that when I clicked on it to launch the file, told me it couldn't find it and asked if I wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VeeVaLa, Sep 4, 2020.

1. VeeVaLa Win User

"Missing" file seems to still exist

I have a shortcut to a file on our server at work that when I clicked on it to launch the file, told me it couldn't find it and asked if I wanted to delete the shortcut. I did a search in File Explorer on both the server and my local hard drive and couldn't find it. I opened up a slightly outdated copy of the file so I could rebuild the last week's worth of data and save it as the original file name, but when I tried saving, Windows 10 told the file already exists and asked if I wanted to overwrite it. Since the old file is not as current as the original, I'd rather not, but I can't see the original file anywhere in the folder even when I ask Windows 10 to show me any hidden files in the folder.

Has anyone else had this problem? I know my system ran an update on Monday night, and I had no problem accessing the file yesterday, but today, it appears to have disappeared from sight while not having vanished entirely.

:)

VeeVaLa, Sep 4, 2020

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

missing file

Hi Jim,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• What task are you trying to do every time that you get the error code “missing file rtl160.bpl?”
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. "Missing" file seems to still exist - Similar Threads - Missing file seems

2. Do .EXE files still exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do .EXE files still exist?: Hi there, this could be a totally stupid question but i cant seem to find a single .EXE file and they all seem to just be "application" files meaning i cant run them using scripts or anything, i have looked in every folder for multiple apps including chrome, did .EXE files...
  3. Do .EXE files still exist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do .EXE files still exist?: Hi there, this could be a totally stupid question but i cant seem to find a single .EXE file and they all seem to just be "application" files meaning i cant run them using scripts or anything, i have looked in every folder for multiple apps including chrome, did .EXE files...
  4. Lost file access while they still exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost file access while they still exist: So it had bothered me for a while that the name of the user in the c drive was not what i wanted. I followed along a video on how to change it. So apparently as i was on a temp user account doing the cd c:\users ren procedure, it showed access denied. I ignored it and kept...
  5. Lost file access while they still exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost file access while they still exist: So it had bothered me for a while that the name of the user in the c drive was not what i wanted. I followed along a video on how to change it. So apparently as i was on a temp user account doing the cd c:\users ren procedure, it showed access denied. I ignored it and kept...
  6. Lost file access while they still exist

7. Files Missing but Folders still there?

Files Missing but Folders still there?: So I have a folder where I keep all my documents, pictures and videos from my camera. Everything is gone except for the folders. So say I had a folder names Camera, in the folder I had different folders for the years, and then within those where the titles of what the...
  8. TIL that this still exists

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TIL that this still exists: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MinecraftAndOther [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6t8mg/til_that_this_still_exists/
  9. delete file that does not seem to exist

delete file that does not seem to exist: I'm having a super weird problem. I have an external 2 TB Seagate hard drive. If I connect the drive to a USB port on my laptop there is only one folder I can see . If I connect the same drive to my router Netgear C3700 and view the files via ReadyShare, there are bunch of...
  10. Does the old file associations menu still exist?

Does the old file associations menu still exist?: I'm on 1803 and had to clear some file associations manually the other day via the registry. I was unable to find the old Control Panel-based default programs menu. Is there any way to access the old menu? The file association settings offered by the Settings menu is...